028AV Chainsaw

Chevy

Threads
Hi.
Bought a sthil 028av chainsaw with 6month garanty, and now 7 month later the damn thing wont start.
I have taken of the covers and cleaned it, put on a new "starter line" (?) new "cutting chain (?) new spark plug (have cheked its the right one) and I even bought sthil's own gasolin with correct oil amount.
Does anyone know what it can be?
I cant afford to take it to repair now, or pay somebody to take a look at it, so I want to try and find out things so I can check or fix it myself, and only pay repairs when needed

Bjørn Marken
hagehjelperen@gmail.com
www.hagehjelperen.net

Chevy

Threads
Tnx KennyV, link was great, and I just ordered W16TB kit (same as K10-WAT), a new fuel filter and a new airfilter, 3-5 days and the Stihl is hopefully back in buisness..
And yes, she got a spark..just wont kick in like she should.
I cleaned the airfilter, and now I do get her running, but only when I playing with the throttle, when I let it go she dies.. Going to emty gas and oil tank, flush it, get my new parts on, and fill her up with clean gas and oil, hopefully then she makes her comeback.. If not, I have spent more on getting this saw in shape, than a ok new saw.. Lol

Bjørn Marken
hagehjelperen@gmail.com
www.hagehjelperen.net

EngineMan

Lawn Addict
Threads
Should make a big difference when you fit the new carb kit, just make sure that all the parts very clean when you do put the parts on. and please let us know.:thumbsup:

Chevy

Threads
Ok, today they called me again and said that is impossible to get K10WAT kit, so they will give me my money bak, payd like 55-60 dollar. So I went on ebay, and took me 10 min to find a kit and pay for it, now I got mail, the kit is ready to be sent from ohio, and I got a tracking number :-D

Bjørn Marken
hagehjelperen@gmail.com
www.hagehjelperen.net

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Great .. looks like you will be about fixed... :smile:KennyV

Chevy

Threads
Just got my walbro k10 kit today, it took only one week to get it from usa to my mailbox, and it was about 30 dollar cheaper in total.. And this is the kit that I was told from a stihl dealer that it is impossible to get, and I should consider to buy a new saw!?!.. Well, now I got it, and will fix the saw tomorrow :-D

Bjørn Marken
hagehjelperen@gmail.com
www.hagehjelperen.net