Export thread

028AV Chainsaw

Chevy

Chevy

Hi.
Bought a sthil 028av chainsaw with 6month garanty, and now 7 month later the damn thing wont start.
I have taken of the covers and cleaned it, put on a new "starter line" (?) new "cutting chain (?) new spark plug (have cheked its the right one) and I even bought sthil's own gasolin with correct oil amount.
Does anyone know what it can be?
I cant afford to take it to repair now, or pay somebody to take a look at it, so I want to try and find out things so I can check or fix it myself, and only pay repairs when needed

Bjørn Marken
hagehjelperen@gmail.com
www.hagehjelperen.net

K

KennyV

You 'may' need to clean the carb... if that's the case here are a couple of excellent youtube clips from donyboy73...
Carburetor Rebuild on Stihl 028 av Wood Boss Chainsaw Part 1/2 - YouTube
Carburetor Rebuild on Stihl 028 av Wood Boss Chainsaw Part 2/2 - YouTube

That is a great chain saw... :smile:KennyV

EngineMan

EngineMan

You did'nt say if you have a spark.

Chevy

Chevy

Tnx KennyV, link was great, and I just ordered W16TB kit (same as K10-WAT), a new fuel filter and a new airfilter, 3-5 days and the Stihl is hopefully back in buisness..
And yes, she got a spark..just wont kick in like she should.
I cleaned the airfilter, and now I do get her running, but only when I playing with the throttle, when I let it go she dies.. Going to emty gas and oil tank, flush it, get my new parts on, and fill her up with clean gas and oil, hopefully then she makes her comeback.. If not, I have spent more on getting this saw in shape, than a ok new saw.. Lol

Bjørn Marken
hagehjelperen@gmail.com
www.hagehjelperen.net

EngineMan

EngineMan

Should make a big difference when you fit the new carb kit, just make sure that all the parts very clean when you do put the parts on. and please let us know.:thumbsup:

Chevy

Chevy

Just got the gaskets, took forever, and they ordered wrong kit......
They put in a new order today, and I will have the correct kit in 3-4 weeks!?!
Last time I order from that place!!

Bjørn Marken
hagehjelperen@gmail.com
www.hagehjelperen.net

Chevy

Chevy

Ok, today they called me again and said that is impossible to get K10WAT kit, so they will give me my money bak, payd like 55-60 dollar. So I went on ebay, and took me 10 min to find a kit and pay for it, now I got mail, the kit is ready to be sent from ohio, and I got a tracking number :-D

Bjørn Marken
hagehjelperen@gmail.com
www.hagehjelperen.net

Chevy

Chevy

And I paid 13.99 usd for the kit, included shipping :p I like :-D

Bjørn Marken
hagehjelperen@gmail.com
www.hagehjelperen.net

K

KennyV

Great .. looks like you will be about fixed... :smile:KennyV

Chevy

Chevy

Just got my walbro k10 kit today, it took only one week to get it from usa to my mailbox, and it was about 30 dollar cheaper in total.. And this is the kit that I was told from a stihl dealer that it is impossible to get, and I should consider to buy a new saw!?!.. Well, now I got it, and will fix the saw tomorrow :-D

Bjørn Marken
hagehjelperen@gmail.com
www.hagehjelperen.net

L

Lawnranger

Just got my walbro k10 kit today, it took only one week to get it from usa to my mailbox, and it was about 30 dollar cheaper in total.. And this is the kit that I was told from a stihl dealer that it is impossible to get, and I should consider to buy a new saw!?!.. Well, now I got it, and will fix the saw tomorrow :-D

Bjørn Marken
hagehjelperen@gmail.com
www.hagehjelperen.net

Hope everything goes well.

EngineMan

EngineMan

Me to....! just take your time and make sure all the parts are clean...:thumbsup:

Chevy

Chevy

Cleaned all parts, put on new gaskets, had a little trouble to get it to start and get the right "tuning" on the "2 screws for gas thru carb, I think it was", but got it right and now it runs good. Its my first carb fix so Im pleased with my work.. Hehe.

Bjørn Marken
hagehjelperen@gmail.com
www.hagehjelperen.net

L

Lawnranger

Cleaned all parts, put on new gaskets, had a little trouble to get it to start and get the right "tuning" on the "2 screws for gas thru carb, I think it was", but got it right and now it runs good. Its my first carb fix so Im pleased with my work.. Hehe.

Bjørn Marken
hagehjelperen@gmail.com
www.hagehjelperen.net

Job well done. Now get out there and cut some wood.