Raptor SD

Mtmellum

Threads
Get the 54". I had a 52" Raptor that I sold before I bought the 54" sd. I hated the small tires on the 52" Raptor along with how the deck was hung.
The 54" for extra $100 comes with bigger tires. I love how it handles on slopes.

Thank you!

Mtmellum

Threads
48 to 54 SD is quite an upgrade for $100, the tires also are why I did it (bought the SD 54).

The only downside is that the 54 sits so wide front and back that you only have about 2" of deck hanging out the left side for trim work. The 60" brings that trim reach back to a good value. when trimming I am paying as much attention to the rear tire as I am the front tire and deck lip. With better trim reach you can about ignore the rear tire.

Thanks for that!

1tondiesel

Forum Newbie
Threads
I bought the raptor sd 60 inch deck it's awesome. ..my question is the bagger system any good on these machines?

terbar

Forum Newbie
Threads
Anyone out there have a cross referance number for the drive belts on a 60'' sd ?

Yankeezone25

Forum Newbie
Threads
Just pulled the trigger on a Raptor SD 54. Delivery in a couple weeks. Anyone have any tips on new ownership

L454S

Threads
Been using mine now for 2 years. Takes some time to get used to from regular riding mowers. Love the work it does, no buyers remorse here. Machine uses just under a gallon of fuel on an acre. I do find earplugs to make cutting a lot more comfortable.

Yankeezone25

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thank you for the reply - been researching for awhile now and can't wait to actually use this thing

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Anyone out there have a cross referance number for the drive belts on a 60'' sd ?

GO to one of the parts suppliers sites that have a parts look up and get the part number
Then go to the gates site below and plug in your belt part number.
This will give you the Gates equivalent belt and if you click on the Gates belt number you will get the specs of the belt.
Just remember that if there is a slipping clutch you must use a covered belt.
Mower belts have kevlar chords, standard belts have cotton / pollyester / rayon chords that are nowhere as strong
The web link script is not working so you will have to type this in with the w's at the front.
gates.com/all-search-tools/automotive-interchange-search-results

shanewoodsman

Threads
Any new word from anyone about the Hustler Raptor SD problem. After reading this thread I am a bit concerned. I owned a base Raptor 52 for about a year and hated it (other than the motor), and convinced Hustler to take it back. My only other choice at Lowes (I do like their extended warranty, and the way they pick it up and bring it back if problems arise - worth the convenience to me)..... anyway I was reading about these spring and belt issues. I paid for the remaining SD with last year's Kawasaki engine and they are set to deliver it next week, but since it is last year's model (I don't like the seat as much, but I like the engine better), it may still have this belt/spring issue some are having. I preferred the Ferris 700 series but passed on it because no local dealers that are worth a crap and if you purchase online you can forget local warranty coverage if it breaks.... so ordered the Raptor SD. Advice, please.

L454S

Threads
Wasn't that problem with the models that were being delivered a couple years ago? I know mine was one that was included, but it was taken care of before delivery. No problems with belts/pulleys etc.