The Daily Yardman Thread

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Re: MTD Yardman Transaxle Rebuild

I don't do boats, had a boat many years ago, it needed more attention than the wife at times....got rid of it.

I HAD a boat ..ONCE ! The 2 HAPPIEST days concerning a "boat" , IS ..the day you BUY it, AND ... the day you SELL it !!! ..:cool2:

willys55

Lawn Addict
Threads

I am almost finished..gotta spread some more gravel and remove the excess dirt, but I am getting there
IMG_5320.jpg

Bleach

Threads

Sorry OT
B O A T = "bring out a thousand" That's what it ends up costing every outing.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

Sorry OT

"BOAT" = A wooden or fibreglass lined hole in the water, into which you pour money !

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads

Sorry OT

Sounds like a middle aged man who suddenly decides he needs a Harley.
We have lots of them down here who buy the biggest one with all the bells & whistles then get all the "right " leather gear.
They then worry about the $ 50,000 in the garage being stolen, pay a $ 3000/pa insurance policy ( because HD's are stolen 4:1 comparred to all other bands combined ) ride it 4 times a year then suddenly realise they could go to a red light area and ride something a lot more confortable for far less.

willys55

Lawn Addict
Threads

working on the drainage today, tomorrow will be done and moving unto the next project, soffit on the back of the garage
IMG_5321.jpgIMG_5322.jpgIMG_5324.jpg

Pumper54

Threads

Sounds like a middle aged man who suddenly decides he needs a Harley.
We have lots of them down here who buy the biggest one with all the bells & whistles then get all the "right " leather gear.
They then worry about the $ 50,000 in the garage being stolen, pay a $ 3000/pa insurance policy ( because HD's are stolen 4:1 comparred to all other bands combined ) ride it 4 times a year then suddenly realise they could go to a red light area and ride something a lot more confortable for far less.

See that here all the time. On the other hand I have some friends from Queensland that come to the states every four years, buy a used Harley, ride it around the country for about 6-8 months and then resell it before heading back to OZ, They have been doing this for over 20 years now.
I was talking with my Bride about buy a motor home to travel in and see the country, she asked about how much it would cost and I told her about $100,000.00 and she asked "do you know how many 5 star hotel rooms we can get for 100 K? She does have a point there. I will ride my bike and she can drive her car.
Tom

willys55

Lawn Addict
Threads

planning on driving my old bike on some weekend trips this fall, has been over 20 years since i did any of that

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads

It is funny Tom.

I am currently riding a 1942 Wm20. 500cc rigid/girder ( about to do some cheating with a bore & stroke out to 772cc ) .
We were doing our ride schedule last month.
The younger men ( I am about to see 68 ) decided that 400 km was too long on their "old" 60's & 70's bikes.
I just laughed and walked out of the room.
last year I did 8,000 km without any problems which is about average including weekend 2 rides over 1500 km as I only get out once or twice a month.

And when SWMBO used to ride pillion we did a lot of tent touring, then van parks, then motels.
When she decided that nothing under 4 stars was good enough, I started riding swag bag solo.

We bumped into some riders doing an ironbutt ride ( on 1600cc pillows ) and got the bug so we joined the Far Riders.
In 2019 we are looking at doing an iron butt Sydney to Adelaide on 500 cc BSA singles and the same in 2020 Sydney to Qld.
Got onto the Iron Butt web site and could not believe that there wee no BSA's there and also that some think knocking off 1600km ( 1000miles) in 24 hours on a bike with suspension at both ends, disc brakes at both ends and 100+ Hp under yer bum is some sort of great achievment.

willys55

Lawn Addict
Threads

Happy Wednesday Everyone