The Daily Yardman Thread

Ronno6

Lawn Addict
Threads
Re: MTD Yardman Transaxle Rebuild

Actually we could use it , winter dry months are times of HIGH chances of fires, NOT good here in the forest. ,,:frown:

You musta jinxed it..................we're gettin soaked again, and you ain't gettin nuttin'..................

We bought our cabin in Astor in '98.
There were some pretty serious fires around us in the summer that year.
Every mornin' we'd have smoke, then ash in the afternoon.
Choppers had to douse some flames about 1/4 mile from us, but by and large, the fores stayed east of the River.
Nervous times, but we were spared.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads

NO Goomba .. NOT kick your arse ! just be a pain in it , ..FOREVER !!! ..:laughing:..:laughing:

Roger B I think what he is saying is you have a BROmance.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

Me too!
1997 F-150 with 266+K miles on it!

BTW, on the using pallet lumber topic, I have read that it may not be the best source of lumber for indoor projects.
One can never be certain as to what was stored or transported on pallets; may have been something poisonous
or otherwise detrimental to out health if anything leeched out onto the pallets.........

I'd love an older truck like that, something you can work on, WITH-OUT all the "bloat-ware" ..(computer-term)..how bout a few pics (specially the "bread-box") (means engine compartment-under the hood) so I can drool ..???

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

You musta jinxed it..................we're gettin soaked again, and you ain't gettin nuttin'..................

We bought our cabin in Astor in '98.
There were some pretty serious fires around us in the summer that year.
Every mornin' we'd have smoke, then ash in the afternoon.
Choppers had to douse some flames about 1/4 mile from us, but by and large, the fores stayed east of the River.
Nervous times, but we were spared.

I guess they have things figured-out, a lil bit anyways, they do a fair amount of "controlled-burning" these days.

Ronno6

Lawn Addict
Threads

Here's a coupla shots by "Doc's Chalet" (wink,wink)
I do not currentlyIMG_1598.jpg018.jpg have any bread box pix..........

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

Roger B I think what he is saying is you have a BROmance.

NO, NO, No, ...HEMORRHOIDS , I'll come "back as a "roid" and bother him the rest of his life . I'm NOT the A-hole, I irritate the A-hole !

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

I do not currentlyView attachment 35085View attachment 35086 have any bread box pix..........

NICE truck !! But I must not have my years right, can you get around in that model's bread-box to work on it ..NOT loaded with EPA junk..?? maybe a 77 model, or even a 67 model, yeah, they were built with-out the mandated garbage I THINK !! ..:cool:

Also, does Clyde (primerbulb120) pay you to go over, and help him on occasion, to CONFISCATE these boat-loads of push-mowers he's accumulating to open the worlds GREATEST push-mower repository ?? ..:confused::confused:

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

Here's a coupla shots by "Doc's Chalet" (wink,wink)
I do not currentlyView attachment 35085View attachment 35086 have any bread box pix..........

Doc's Chalet ... yeah, I LMFAO over that one! We can't let the Goomba live THAT one down, ( LOL ) .. AND I'm really laughin, just thinkin, if BERT had made THAT goof, HMmmm what kind of explanation would HE offer up ?? ..:laughing:.:laughing:

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads

That'll happen if you feed a rip cut from the wrong direction!
I aviation, that is what's known as "pilot error."
That actually happened to my father once, while I was sitting on the workbench (I think that's where I was)
and he misfed a piece into the saw. It grabbed the wood and shot it across the room, splintering when it hit the block wall.
He THOUGHT it came close to my head/face, til I smiled and the blood flowed out of my mouth........
Dunno what it hit, but it just grazed me. Coulda been MUCH worse if a few mm's one way or another.
He never made THAT mistake again....and he was a very accomplished wood worker !

Ron,

I was lucky that one of my kids wasn't standing there when that happened.. Also lucky I wasn't standing in the way! I fed something in the wrong direction through a router on two different occasions (and two different routers) and paid the price for that. Chopped up the first two fingers on my right hand and then seven months later I chopped up the middle two fingers on my left hand! I don't do that anymore!!

I'll bet your old man about died, I know I would have..

Rog

Attachments

• DSCN0166_098.jpg
    DSCN0166_098.jpg
    134.1 KB · Views: 3