Ztrak spreader?

mikdugal1

Threads
Anyone successfully attach a spreader to their ztrak? I have a z465. What would you recommend. I'm thinking of just buying a push spreader and paying a neighbors kid to spread some weed killer.

ky-mike

Forum Newbie
Threads
You would need the hitch attachment on the back. I added the hitch so that I could use the JD lawn cart to haul materials around the yard.

Sears has a spreader that would attach to the hitch. I think that I saw them on sale this week for $65 ($20 off). I would bet that there are other similar brand spreaders available as well.

mikdugal1

Threads
Thanks. I was just wondering if there was any certain spreaders I had to buy that is meant for the turning style of a ztr. I make t turns or L turns so I don't relieve I risk tboning the spreader. I'll probably fabricate a hitch attachment instead of paying 50 bucks to the green paint dealers

bollingball

Threads
Anyone successfully attach a spreader to their ztrak? I have a z465. What would you recommend. I'm thinking of just buying a push spreader and paying a neighbors kid to spread some weed killer.

Check the owners manual. I have the Z445 and it has a limit of 250 lbs. TOWING. What your are asking depends on if you are carrying Like the wet sprayer they make for yours. With there wet sprayer you can turn as tight as you can as you do when mowing. The one for mine I think is the same as yours and holds 15 gallons. I went with with that backing with a trailer on a Z can be done but takes away the speed. One of the reason I bought a Z. Any way take a look at the wet sprayer I think you will like it. After the first install it comes off and on in a couple of minutes when not in use I wash it out and store in the barn it will last many more years this way. I am sure one for an ATV could be adapted to fit your Z. Then you could go to 20 or 25 gals. Depending on how much the driver weighs.

Ken