ZT740 .

beretta22

Threads
Motor is extremely loud on my zero turn. Do they have anything available to quietness it down. It’s on mt ZTX5 Cub.

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Several factors can contribute to engine noise and the muffler is only one aspect. The cooling fan design can increase noise as well as the engine ducting. Then depending on if the internal gears are straight cut or helical can all effect how loud the engine is.

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
I’ve heard some people say that the Kohler engines are louder than the Kawasaki. I have no way to verify this. I do know that I can tell the two apart by hearing them mowing.
I have the ZT740 on my Gravely. I don’t worry about the noise because I always wear hearing protection.

beretta22

Threads
I’ve heard some people say that the Kohler engines are louder than the Kawasaki. I have no way to verify this. I do know that I can tell the two apart by hearing them mowing.
I have the ZT740 on my Gravely. I don’t worry about the noise because I always wear hearing protection.
Sounds right. I went from a FS730 Kaw. To a ZT740 on my ZTX5. I wear Muffs but this engine is definitely louder.

VegetiveSteam

Threads
Motor is extremely loud on my zero turn. Do they have anything available to quietness it down. It’s on mt ZTX5 Cub.
Are you talking about loud like it needs a better muffler or loud as in internal engine noise?