Repairs ZT42 fails to crank

Jack B.

Forum Newbie
Threads
I am new to this forum and this is my first post so let me know if I'm not following proper procedure at any time.

I bought my ZT42 about 3 years ago and, overall, have been satisfied with it, especially since I regularly cut about 2 acres. Last season I would periodically have the mower fail to initially start (whether cold or already warmed-up) and it would only click. After more tries it would always begin cranking and eventually start. On the advice of a repair shop I removed the starter and had them check it as well as the battery. It was okay as was the battery. Wouldn't you know it....first try this season, clicking starts again. After a few attempts it turns over but doesn't start before the battery runs down. Boosting it did not help beyond the clicking. Where should I go from here? Surely I can try something else before having to haul this big boy to the shop. Any advice would be most appreciated.

okiepc

Threads
Welcome, I know you said the battery was tested, but how was it tested, a load test? My first check would be to try a known good battery, clean the posts and cables well, go from there.

Jack B.

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks. Will post again after an all-around battery check.