Mower deck Zero Turn PTO

Jons

Threads
Spoke too soon, took apart and stator was fine. Found problem, all the magnets had came off. Nothing damaged just all the magnets off. Put on new flywheel and charging fine. Thanks for all the quick help. Jon

Chev

Threads
Wow that is a bit scary.

Glad you found it.

I wonder if this is common.

What model is this ZTR?

Jons

Threads
It's a year 2000, model 3660 with 25 H.P. Kohler. My guy that helped me, said he never saw this and he works in a lawn & garden store for the last twenty years.

wcpost

Threads
I am having the same problem with my brother in laws. He has gone through three batteries and as ask me to take a look at it. It has a 22HP B&S and I have checked the battery and it has 12.5 volts. When the motor was running it still have 12.5 volts at the battery. He purchased a new alternator and we placed it on the mower and now it has 12.6 to 12.7 volts. I tested the capacitor against ground fault and it passed. What else could cause the electric PTO to drain the battery while in use?

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
The voltage reading you are getting are still too low. Either the alternator is bad, a bad voltage regulator, or are not getting battery voltage to the voltage regulator.

Also if the battery is going bad, and the voltage drops below 12 V it will shut down the regulator.

wcpost

Threads
How do I test the alternator with my test meter? The style I have is the one wire. Is there a way to find out what it is sending to the battery?