Zero Turn Cub cadets

ss69

Forum Newbie
Threads
Has anyone used the new zero turn (with a steering wheel) cub cadet? Not the tractor type. Has a steering wheel instead of lap bars. The dealer won't let me test one before buying. He said, once you cut grass with it and you don't buy it, I have to sell it as a used mower. You have to buy it, to try it and I said, "First give me an EBay price. The reason I would consider buying one is I hear that it tracks really well on side hills, because of the all wheel steering. How does it cut?

Briana

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hey there - WELCOME to LMF!

I moved your thread to the Cub Cadet Forum. :smile:

originalswampfox

Threads
Find another Cub dealer. If this is a product he wants to sell to several(a lot) of customers then if you didn't like it a least he would have a once used one for others to try out.

robert

Threads
ss, ditto what fox says-does this dealer store the equipment under cover or outside in the weather?

Jetblast

Threads
I have a CC Commercial Z-Force S 60 and I love it. It's like the regular Z-Force S 60 with a few beefed up components, but the mowing ability and handling should be the same.

I bought it because I have some slopes that are best mowed laterally instead of up & down, and it truly shines there with the only limitation being the grip of the tires and the level of your bravery. My neighbor and I tried my slope with his Exmark ZTR but the top rear tire couldn't maintain enough traction to keep the front end from swinging downhill, and there wasn't the same level of steering precision to run close along the bottom of my 900' chain link fence. Frankly, I'm surprised there isn't more talk of this mower, especially for people who have slopes, because IMO it's by far the most cost effective solid option for difficult yards. On a slope you have all the control of a lawn tractor, but with a much wider track so there's less chance of tipping over.

The cut is excellent, better than I expected, and much better than the CC SLT-1554 lawn tractor I had before. Clean discharge even in wet grass, smooth level cut (except when I take a turn around a tree way too fast), and no missed grass at top speed on the straightaways.

The steering is light, like power steering, once you get used to how to apply power in the turns, so it's easy to whip it around like a conventional ZTR using just the heel of your hand on the top of the wheel to spin it around. Very nice, and very fun to drive. It feels as close to a go kart as you'll ever get with something that mows grass. When I first got it I had a great time power-sliding around corners in wet grass, although the grass didn't much care for the sport.

The ride quality is excellent. All have some type of a cushy seat, but in addition to that there are very large springs under the rear of the seat that work quite well. I'm a huge giant person and I've never bottomed them out, but if you are very light you could find them a little stiff. For me, the ride is much better on my bumpy yard than it was on my SLT-1554.

If you have any specific questions, please feel free to ask.

Diamond.S.Ranch

Forum Newbie
Threads
Jetblast I'm looking at the commercial Z force S you have and also the new Tank SZ. I'm wanting a good machine to mow around the couple of ponds on the property and terrain and I'm having a hard time deciding if the $3000 more for the Tank SZ is worth it or not ( alot of money for me, but will pay if it's worth it). I can't even find the new Tank SZ to actually see before ordering, which is really irritating, no one in the 200 miles radius has one to see in person. The Tank SZ has power steering, bigger tires, heavier (7/10 grade deck) and a wider wheel base and option for power lift deck. That was the main thing I was not thrilled about with the cc z force was the way it looked like it would be a pain lowering and raising the deck with the foot pedal you hold and change pins, practically placed on the ground. Does that bother you at all? I will be changing heights alot because of the terrain, I have a moment of open pasture, then rockier parts, then lower grass, etc... all within the same path, lol. Any of your opinions would be so greatly appreciated!