Z won't move

darksoul251

Forum Newbie
Threads
working on an older IS3100 That I had to do some engine work on. Engine is repaired and running fine, but the machine won't move. It's been sitting since July 2022. Has the correct fluid in the pump reservoir and the releases are in the right position. It was driven to where it is sitting now and moving as it should. Would appreciate any help, gregjo1948
Check drive belt routing I changed mine and thought I had the routing right but it would not move. Fans and all worked but no motion. Checked belt routing and it was wrong. Mower took off after routing belt right.

TRACTORTOWN

Forum Newbie
Threads
working on an older IS3100 That I had to do some engine work on. Engine is repaired and running fine, but the machine won't move. It's been sitting since July 2022. Has the correct fluid in the pump reservoir and the releases are in the right position. It was driven to where it is sitting now and moving as it should. Would appreciate any help, gregjo1948
Try this. Block up the rear end enough to clear the rear wheels from the ground. Place something heavy in the seat to keep the safety switch engaged. Start the engine, let it idle. Bungie cord the control levers fully forward and let in stay in this position for 15 min.
Then do the same in reverse. Always with engine just at idle speed.
This will bleed any air from the system. Sometimes the wheels won’t move for several minutes. As the air bleeds out they will get stronger. Repeat procedure sometimes it takes a few hours.

kjonxx

Threads
Belt routing? fan direction would tell you that. I know it sounds crazy but you never know.

machete

Forum Newbie
Threads
on the Z-series isn't there a neutral lever under the seat on the port side of the mower? this lever allows you to put he mower in neutral if you need to push it.

Zue

Threads
Try running a purge process on the hydraulic unit. They may have gotten low and got air in the system and need to have the air purged free. Go to YouTube to see purge process.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
on the Z-series isn't there a neutral lever under the seat on the port side of the mower? this lever allows you to put he mower in neutral if you need to push it.
You really need to do some research on ZTRs. Your comment shows a total lack of knowledge of ZTRs. You have at least read the owners manual instead shooting from the hip.

Nearly all ZTRs uses either two pumps with wheel motors or two hydrostatic transaxles. Each has their own neutral engagement. I know of a couple JD models that are a little different but those are the exceptions.

From Owners manual
1672753431401.png

big deal

Forum Newbie
Threads
So that leaves PTO and Drive Motors to test! PTO is magnetic... So listen for click and run fluid thru drive motors...

HTH

Sherman Anderson

Forum Newbie
Threads
The suggestion about the woodruff key missing on the drive shaft is sensible. How about any safety connections...is one loose or have a broken wire. These issues can be tricky yet so darned obvious. Been there done that.

NorthBama

Threads
So that leaves PTO and Drive Motors to test! PTO is magnetic... So listen for click and run fluid thru drive motors...

HTH
PTO doesnt need to be engaged to move mower think about it