YTH2448 won’t move

Triton192

Threads
Hello all
I have a Husqvarna YTH2448. Seem to mow just fine shut it off and now won’t move. Replaced drive belt and it temporarily worked. (Just one time before I put the deck back on). You can move them mower like the hydro is not engaged. The pull pin for this moves and the pivot lever on the Trang moves (but not much) seems like the transmission is not engaged. If I manually move the engagement lever while running and in gear to move it makes a little gear noise like it’s trying to engage. Any ideas.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
A little more info please
1) just bought it or owned from new ( or 2nd had a long time ago)
2) how may hours ?
3) where did you get the belt from & what was the brand / part number ( if you still have the sleeve )
4) did you remove either of the rear wheels when you replaced the belt ?
5) if you jack up the rear so the wheels are clear of the ground then start the engine & engage the drive do the wheels turn in the same direction , opposite direction, one moves & the other does not . If the latter, have a close look at the wheel that does not move, is the axel moving ?

Get back with that info & we should be able to sort you out pretty quick .

Triton192

Threads
1) just bought it or owned from new ( or 2nd had a long time ago) owned 10 years 2nd owner. Trouble free
2) how may hours ? 250
3) where did you get the belt from & what was the brand / part number ( if you still have the sleeve )Amazon
4) did you remove either of the rear wheels when you replaced the belt ?no
5) if you jack up the rear so the wheels are clear of the ground then start the engine & engage the drive do the wheels turn in the same direction , opposite direction, one moves & the other does not . If the latter, have a close look at the wheel that does not move, is the axel moving ? Rotate same direction but you can make them go backwards but if you touch them they stop. There is a shaft on the bottom right of the gear box that is turning and it goes forward and backward. I have videos but can’t seem to upload them. Uploading to you tube will send links when they are live. Thanks for your help

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Your belt should have this number, Husqvarna 532178138. When you stop both wheels does the fan on the transaxle keep turning?

Triton192

Threads
Your belt should have this number, Husqvarna 532178138. When you stop both wheels does the fan on the transaxle keep turning?
Yes and it makes a high pitch squeal. The videos show what we have going on

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
If both wheels are stopped and it squeals I would then assume that the transmission fan is not turning? Am I correct? If I am then one of three things is occurring. Wrong size belt, too loose. If you purchased on Fleabay or AutoScam this is a definite possibility. Bad tensioner pulleys or tensioner arm not moving freely. Belt not routed properly.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
And there three different drive belts for the YTH2448 series. This is why you need to first look parts using the actual model number off the serial tag and it is not the YTH 2448 number. It the number that start with 96 as there are 12 versions of this mower.

And that noise to me does not sound like a belt squeal but more like an internal transaxle problem.