Yta24v48

Rolynstone

Forum Newbie
Threads
2017 Husqvarna 24v48. This part fell off and needs replacing as the crew holes rusted away. Doesn't show up in my parts guide. Briggs Intek engine model 44N877-0003-G1 (501259701). Can you identify this part? Thankyou!

Attachments

• 20230717_121747.jpg
    20230717_121747.jpg
    566.9 KB · Views: 2

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
It is the "Spark Arrestor" listed in your parts diagram but not shown
Usually the mounting screw rust away or rust solidly into the muffler
It goes under the muffler and you can either tack weld it back on or drill some new holes and fir some self tappers
IT goes under the muffler and covers the outlet hole .

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
On most riders the muffler is not considered a part of the engine diagram. It is normally treated as a mower part so the muffler and deflector shield could be listed as a Husqvarna part from the mower diagrams not the Briggs engine diagrams.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Threads
First the spark arrester is not the same part. And you don't really want to be buying it; unless, you are required to have it like out in extreme drought prone areas. This part even cost me $100 to purchase for my customers. I haven't sold one to date.
1689678725927.png
The part shown by the OP is sold as part of the muffler. The muffler itself is most likely already burn out internally and rusted out too. It relatively a low cost item from Husqvarna. Even cheaper if you buying from the distributor like I do. I have multiple of these twin mufflers and the single mufflers too. The low cost makes it easy when compare some the mufflers I have to replace due major damage. I replace one a month ago that was $250 and it was the kind that I can save normally due the customer lost a huge chunk of it.
1689678851161.png1689678895293.png

Last edited:

Rolynstone

Forum Newbie
Threads
First the spark arrester is not the same part. And you don't really want to be buying it; unless, you are required to have it like out in extreme drought prone areas. This part even cost me $100 to purchase for my customers. I haven't sold one to date.
View attachment 65934
The part shown by the OP is sold as part of the muffler. The muffler itself is most likely already burn out internally and rusted out too. It relatively a low cost item from Husqvarna. Even cheaper if you buying from the distributor like I do. I have multiple of these twin mufflers and the single mufflers too. The low cost makes it easy when compare some the mufflers I have to replace due major damage. I replace one a month ago that was $250 and it was the kind that I can save normally due the customer lost a huge chunk of it.
View attachment 65935View attachment 65936
Thankyou. Great advice. I drilled new screw holes and fastened it down tight with stainless screws. $5 all done! Yay.