You WON'T Believe What Home Depot Is Doing To Their Customers

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
  • / You WON'T Believe What Home Depot Is Doing To Their Customers
There is some truth in it but a lot of BS as well
We send more tones of iron ore to Japan , Korea & China than the world uses water
However entire lakes have vanished and sink holes are happening all over the place.
Several rivers in Kyrgyzstan that were diverted by the USSR to irrigate cotton fields are no longer flowing which is turning some lakes in Uzbekistan saline .
We are a destructive bunch of greedy idiots.
I used to think that my generation would be the last to die due to advances in medicine
Now I rather think that we will be the last generation to live to an old age

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
It doesn't surprise me in the least. Just making us mechanic a thing of the past as it is with the electronics where only hand full can even repair the current equipment as can't even the parts we need. We are just use things until they break and replace it instead getting it repaired.

I just want to know what they are going to do all with all the batteries that will end up in the landfills. Most of the batteries are currently not recyclable. Plus many the smaller batteries that are listed as not thrown in the trash are thrown in the trash by the consumer.
People need to start dropping off the junk batteries at home depot. I have a couple out of electric push mowers from a few years back that are the size of car batteries.

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
People need to start dropping off the junk batteries at home depot. I have a couple out of electric push mowers from a few years back that are the size of car batteries.

I was watching some video's on how they're refurbishing old batteries. There was a guy who was with Elon at one point, who branched off and started recycling those batteries. Let me see if I can find it............

In the meantime, they're advancing saline ion batteries. This could solve a lot of different issues. Say like with desalinization of salt water. Once they desalinize ocean water, they have to return the brine back into the ocean. And since it's piped back into the ocean through one or two big pipes, it makes the salt content too high for anything. But if they can use the brine to make the saline ion batteries, it's a win win for everyone. Especially since there's like no mining involved with salt water.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
The only battery that is profitable to recycle and can be made from over 75% recycled materials is the lead acid flooded cell battery.
The gel cell Pb batteries are 60% recyclable
But the media so then the governments decided that Pb was the devils material so we cannot use it any more
Depending upon the exact chemistry you recycle around 40% of the gets of a Li battery but it costs between 4 to 10 times as much as using virgin materials.
The only bit that is actually recyclable for a reasonable price is the case .
As for mass stationary storeage then you use a flow cell ( Aust technology ) which can be run down to 0 V then recharged back to full capacity , they can provide very high current same as a car battery and the electrolyte can be pumped out recycled then replaced .
But the USA will not use one because the USA never uses any other countries technology until they have bought it outright so worn the IP and can pretend it was a US idea. Aust will ever use any local technology till it has been sold to a foreign company so we can pay royalties to overseas businesses to use stuff we invented here Australians are the stupidist people on the planet .

rwtrman

Forum Newbie
Threads
I was watching some video's on how they're refurbishing old batteries. There was a guy who was with Elon at one point, who branched off and started recycling those batteries. Let me see if I can find it............

In the meantime, they're advancing saline ion batteries. This could solve a lot of different issues. Say like with desalinization of salt water. Once they desalinize ocean water, they have to return the brine back into the ocean. And since it's piped back into the ocean through one or two big pipes, it makes the salt content too high for anything. But if they can use the brine to make the saline ion batteries, it's a win win for everyone. Especially since there's like no mining involved with salt water.

I have a relative who works at a major automotive dismantler recycler, they have a warehouse full of automotive EV batteries they can't get rid of. They sell about 6 batteries per year. If they are recyclable why are they not gobbled up?

shurguywutt

Threads
I have a relative who works at a major automotive dismantler recycler, they have a warehouse full of automotive EV batteries they can't get rid of. They sell about 6 batteries per year. If they are recyclable why are they not gobbled up?
The house of cards is wobbling

upupandaway

Threads
Did Tecumseh see Chondas and battery mowers in thier crystal ball when they quit the business???
They left at the right time....

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Tecumseh had over extended themselves and like a lot of bottom end products relied on very high volumes because they sold at a very low margin
Lufan & Loncin & Ducar all moved into the market at a cheaper price.
When you are servicing the bottom end, a competitor that can sell at 1¢ less will take a 40 year customer because there is no loyality at the bottom end.
Some of the older tecumseh engines were really good with pressure fed cranks on push mower engines but it all comes down to ticket price and Joe Stupid Average will buy a new $ 50 every season rather than buying a $ 60 one that will last for 3 years and still think they are getting a bargain

upupandaway

Threads
Tecumseh had over extended themselves and like a lot of bottom end products relied on very high volumes because they sold at a very low margin
Lufan & Loncin & Ducar all moved into the market at a cheaper price.
When you are servicing the bottom end, a competitor that can sell at 1¢ less will take a 40 year customer because there is no loyality at the bottom end.
Some of the older tecumseh engines were really good with pressure fed cranks on push mower engines but it all comes down to ticket price and Joe Stupid Average will buy a new $ 50 every season rather than buying a $ 60 one that will last for 3 years and still think they are getting a bargain
Actually they were doing ok. The parent company whose main business....wasn't and they tried selling the small engine division with no luck. That's why they shut it down to concentrate on their main business.(so I read) Sure, they were only a small fish but they had their nitch. Shortly afterward, still in red, they were bought out saving their butts.

RayMcD

Threads