You can't make this stuff up!

RetiredGuns

Threads
I was just outside throwing my Rotty a giant stick over and over when a silver Mercedes SUV stopped in front of my house. I walked up the drive to see what they wanted. A lady rolled down the window and asked me who cut the lawn. She said her husband passed away and they need someone to cut their lawn. Told me my lawn looked gorgeous. She was looking for referrals. I told her that I cut it myself and she said OK, thank you and drove away. I didn't recognize her, but would have offered to help if she didn't leave so quick. Weird...

gfp55

Threads
I was just outside throwing my Rotty a giant stick over and over when a silver Mercedes SUV stopped in front of my house. I walked up the drive to see what they wanted. A lady rolled down the window and asked me who cut the lawn. She said her husband passed away and they need someone to cut their lawn. Told me my lawn looked gorgeous. She was looking for referrals. I told her that I cut it myself and she said OK, thank you and drove away. I didn't recognize her, but would have offered to help if she didn't leave so quick. Weird...
I bet that made you proud.. Maybe she will stop by again. Thats the kind of stuff that makes it all worth the work.

AYSKOFI

Forum Newbie
Threads

Years ago, I heard almost the same story from my dentist who lives in a rather exclusive neighborhood but enjoys taking care of his own yard. He claimed a woman stopped one day when he was working in the yard and asked if he was the person who does such a wonderful job on the yard. He replied, "Yes Mam, I take care of the yard for the lady who lives here." She then asked, "If you don't mind my asking, how much do you charge her? To that he replied, "Oh, I don't charge her anything, we generally just work it out in trade. He says, as she quickly drove off, he heard her say, "Oh my God."

Lawnboy18

Lawn Addict
Threads
I had something similar. A Merc drives up the street stops and asks my number while I was finishing a mowing job. I said what? She said again "Can I have your number?". I said sure. Turns out I now have a new client since her other lawn guy sucked. All tho, her husband is still alive.