Yard from a dog pen

stanley

Threads
If a portion of a yard was used for a dog pen and there is no grass to be found, is there any hope of ever making it into a bona fide yard again?

pollyannasmum

Threads
Do you mean that you want to remove the dog and put down grass again? I see no problem with that as you can give the yard a thorough clean then turf it on top of some top soil. This has worked for me in the past.

Stopper

Threads
The important thing is to get it healthy and don't put the dog back while you do that. What I do with our dog pen is move it every so often so the dog will not end up in one bug mud puddle.

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
A dog run that has been in one spot for any length of time most likely will have low spots that need filled...
Also the complete area will be compacted so a good airation will be a very good thing to start with... :smile:KennyV

carla6

Threads
Sure it is. Just till it up with a good topsoil mix, plant it, fertilize it, and keep it watered properly. You should be fine in about six weeks.

MowTown

Threads
The first rule of gardening is to start with good soil. (The soil there has already recieved lots of "fertilizer" so you've actually got a head start....!) If you kill any weeds and till the soil, Fall is one of the best times to start a new lawn.

LailaSmith01

Forum Newbie
Threads
You could put a top soil on your dog's area. There are places where you could buy fine grass too
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dog Pens - 30% Off & FREE Shipping on Dog Exercise Pens, Dog Pens - Lowest Price