X300 bumper and brush guard questions before purchase

Threads
  • / X300 bumper and brush guard questions before purchase
OK I have a new X300 and wanted some front end protection,the bumper looks rugged but is there enough clearance to open the hood with it installed? I know the brush guard drops down to open the hood.Not sure which one to get and was looking for opinions.I don't have any brush to cut around but I have run into stuff before with my old mower by accident LOL

Nwatson99

Threads
I may be confusing the model number, but I think there are two pins you remove and the brush guard / bumper lays down to allow the hood to open.

mickiemac

Forum Newbie
Threads
I purchased an X500 about 8 years ago and had the same question about the brush guard that I wanted for my mower/tractor. There is a rod that goes across the bottom holes on each side of the front that connects the brush guard to the metal bracket that is fastened by cotter pins. Just pull that out when you want to access the engine. The guard tilts down (its fastened by two bolts on each side to allow this) to access the engine.

After mowing I always tilt the guard down and open the engine cover to allow the engine to cool down before putting the mower away.

The brush guard does provide some protection when mowing and pushing against bushes and such when mowing in close areas. The only isssue to the guard is that is rattles a bit but since I wear earplugs to protect my ears it really doesn't matter.

Regards - Mickiemac

Threads
Thanks for the replies,I was looking at BM23056 which is just the bumper,called a dealer today and asked if my model with the newly designed hood would interfere and he said no.So I may go with just the bumper for added protection.Brush guard looks nice though