Would you rather mow, or clear snow?

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
mow lawn all the way boyz, no better way to spend a scorching hot day than to mow that sh*t erryday

After the last two months, I HATE MOWING!!! HATE IT SICK AND TIRED OF DOING IT ALL THE TIME and having to rake clippings every day. Spent over $120 for diesel and gas in May alone.

LandN

Threads
After the last two months, I HATE MOWING!!! HATE IT SICK AND TIRED OF DOING IT ALL THE TIME and having to rake clippings every day. Spent over $120 for diesel and gas in May alone.

get some goats let them do the work:laughing::laughing::laughing:

BKBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
Mow when it needs it and throw or push snow when it needs it - either way I get to be on my Ventrac ! :biggrin: If neither chore needs doing, I can usually find something that "needs doing :rolleyes: " with one of my other attachments :biggrin: ! :thumbsup:

fastback

Threads
I'm in agreement with others. I don't mind mowing, but by fall I look forward to some other activities. The winter is alright as long as we don't get too many storms. This past winter was a pain we got plowable snow every two to three days. I think the biggest issue is the cost of fuel. In my case I need to keep both gas a diesel on hand. Right now I am spending between 30 and 40 dollars per week on fuel. This is geeting tough on a fixed income, but I like the grass cut and neat. Oh, did I mention I need to cut the grass every 3 or 4 days. I have almost 2 acres of moist grass ( this time if the year wet) to cut. My garden tractor got stuck 3 times this week. I have to pull it out with another tractor kind of a pain plus the tractor gets all muddy.

LawnBoy M

Threads
fastback said:
I'm in agreement with others. I don't mind mowing, but by fall I look forward to some other activities. The winter is alright as long as we don't get too many storms. This past winter was a pain we got plowable snow every two to three days. I think the biggest issue is the cost of fuel. In my case I need to keep both gas a diesel on hand. Right now I am spending between 30 and 40 dollars per week on fuel. This is geeting tough on a fixed income, but I like the grass cut and neat. Oh, did I mention I need to cut the grass every 3 or 4 days. I have almost 2 acres of moist grass ( this time if the year wet) to cut. My garden tractor got stuck 3 times this week. I have to pull it out with another tractor kind of a pain plus the tractor gets all muddy.

Yes, well I have 1/4 acre.....its fun for me to mow!

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
All through the winter I was ready for mowing...
Always ready tor mowing... Even in our 100 and up degree weather (with almost no rain) I'm still liking mowing... Cabs and Air Conditioning are just great for mowing...
But I am not getting to so much because it's been too dry & Hot... nothing is growing...
Wheat is already turning and is being cut, very short this year... will not make much straw this year... too dry this spring ... and we are having August heat in May and June...
But what little grass that has grown, I'm ready and happy to cut. :smile:KennyV

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
Yes, well I have 1/4 acre.....its fun for me to mow!

I remember when I only had to mow 1/4 acre with a walk behind push mower, I was only 25 years old then...YES, that was fun...back then.

Black Bart

Threads
I don't mind mowing or blowing snow because I have a heated cab on my 430 with a blower but I like summer more than winter so I will take the mowing over snow.