Worth Buying a 22 year old Toro Pro Super Recycler II

LawnBoy97

Threads
  • / Worth Buying a 22 year old Toro Pro Super Recycler II
My local lawn mower repair shopis selling a used toro mower. I am sure it runs good and they usually give a short warranty, but it is $140 but the aluminum deck already has a crack in it. Is this worth buying or should I pass on it. Thanks:smile:

earthworm

Threads
A 20 year old Mercedes may fetch one-tenth of its original price, IF it is not totally rusted out.
Is the Toro the Mercedes of mowers ?
Do we have a completely rebuilt engine and drive system ?
The crack may cost more then the mower's value.....repair with epoxy ??
I note that HD is selling new? LawnBoys w/ Sensi-Drive and an OHV engine , I think much like my 10685 LB ....but with a better??? engine.

Parkmower

Threads
Depends on the model but I think that's a bit high. I'd deal him down quite a bit

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
An alloy deck with a crack in it? Ouch. I love Toro, but I would be suspicious because of that crack. What caused it? Have rarely seen that. Can you get us the model and serial numbers, this will give us a better idea of the value.

LawnBoy97

Threads
Sorry, I probably won't be able to get the numbers, but I think I will probably have to pass on it anyways. I am worried that I will end up spending way more on it then a new one is worth in the years to follow if I did buy it, so I am thinking of just buying a new mower. But the crack on the deck was about half an inch long, and there was a bit of rust on the engine, like on the muffler and cylinder head. Really everything else I noticed was that it has three speeds with a neutral, and it was from 1990.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
12 years old with a cracked deck. I think you are making a wise decision.

LawnBoy97

Threads
Yeah, i am gonna pass on it, but are the super recyclers something to keep an eye out for.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
They are out there, just going to have to keep your eyes open. I've got at least three right now.