worlds best zero turn mower

QBH

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a Gravely 260Z. Does a terrible job on long Bahia grass.

Oh, and Jose Feliciano.

lchiefan

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thought i would ask all the owners of true commercial zero turn mowers which make and model do you use and swear by. From large to small. Also machines to really cut tall grass down to nothing every cut.

Grasshopper, SCAG. Diesel for long life but my Kubota gas 21 HP 3 cyl. Has 2100 hrs. On it.

brewster

Forum Newbie
Threads
I've been very happy with Gravely. Traded in my 7 year old XL 40" last fall for the larger XL XT 48. Two of my son's also use Gravely, and we all have been extremely pleased with the quality of these machines.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Maybe people will listen someday that junk Deere is crap.

The number one selling mower does not make a mower the best.

This is what John Deere is best at,

heavy_duty_mailbox-img-292 jd.jpg

hansoncarla

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have been running a Gravely 260 for the last four years. It is a 2003 model and it has had one of the two hydraulic motors replaced about 5 years ago. Otherwise, it has been running very well and with the 60" cut, the jobs go pretty fast.

jsongstad

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have had the Johndeere zero turn mowers in my fleet for 16 years and they have been awesome. 757z trac, 717A ztrac & 657 stnd up ztrac. Would recommend a johndeere to anybody.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Frank Zappa.
Have a listen to "shut up an play yer guitar" apparently a jibe from an audience member.
And Carlos Santanna to prove I listen to more than white males.
For technical excellence and pushing the instrument way beyond its design limit there was Robert Fripp & Brian Eno on their duet albums not the commercial pop.

As for ZTR's no such thing as best full stop but some are better at specific things than others.
I have become quite fond of Great Danes got a few of them in my repair run, can't seem to kill them particularly for rough cutting.
For fine cutting, never seen anything that could hold a stick to a Walker and double ditto for manouverability.
Then the articulated Stiga out front Park series, a supurb mower, excellent cut on fine lawns, reasonable on paddocks but really needs the 4WD, have worked on both.
The rest of the Stiga range is best avoided, might work on fine on soft summer lawns but dont work at all down here where the grass grows all year and do 2' a week in summer.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Thought i would ask all the owners of true commercial zero turn mowers which make and model do you use and swear by. From large to small. Also machines to really cut tall grass down to nothing every cut.

THEE BEST Zero turn , WITHOUT A DOUBT !! is the one the lawn service guy is using while i sit around suckin down a cold one in the sweltering heat !! :cool2: :thumbsup: ........Boobala

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
SOME models have decent reviews/reputations ... I also have an old Deere 285 that came in with one of the earliest Kawasakis ... WHAT A PIECE OF CRAP THAT ENGINE IS !!!

I not the only one that thinks this about a Kawasaki engine.

woc710

Threads
I own a z655 a very bad mistake to purchase. They lure you in with the warranty but it’s not good at least in Michigan.Dont pay for a name cause money buys a great review cause a z655 was voted the best zero turn mover I like to know who voted cause as a owner I sure wouldn’t voted that way