Woodworking Projects

grnspot110

Threads
I've been working in the shop the last few days. Needed a couple of small folding tables to hold photo books at tractor shows. I have one of these I made several years ago out of redwood, these are from unknown lumber from an old house that was torn down 50 years ago. Boards had been used more than once in between times. I ripped & planned them down for thickness, then ripped & cut to size. Sanded & drilled. Today I put them together, will partially dismantle for a semi-gloss Spar varnish. ~~ grnspot

Attachments

• HPIM1986.JPG
    HPIM1986.JPG
    39.1 KB · Views: 11

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
Very impressive wood working projects, I have enough tools and space to build something like those but am too lazy...I love framing carpentry and building decks, hanging cabinets, etc. but when it comes to FINISH carpentry...I don't have the patience. I can do, but don't enjoy it.

I'm one of those tradesmen they used to call a "barn builder" which formerly meant a sloppy carpenter...:laughing:

twall

Lawn Addict
Threads
Very nice tables! Your design? If so, are you willing to post the 'print'? If not, I understand.

My dad does that stuff, too - he loves it. He also turns bowls, he made a cool lawn glider swing that was on like trolley wheels & a curved 'track' for gliding action.

Madi

Threads
nice design. My husband does woodworking as well, he builds lots of stuff. He wants to make these wooden band rings next, I always seem to be drug into his projects.

grnspot110

Threads
Very nice tables! Your design? If so, are you willing to post the 'print'? If not, I understand.

Quite frankly, I don't remember. I built one with redwood several years ago, probably had a set of plans, but not sure. :confused2: ~~ grnspot

twall

Lawn Addict
Threads
Quite frankly, I don't remember. I built one with redwood several years ago, probably had a set of plans, but not sure. :confused2: ~~ grnspot

Kinda tough to post something that was in your head, if you were just puttering...:laughing:

bret

Threads
Lol, I am not old and I forget things too. I hate when the wife tells you to do something and you get side tracked doing something else and she notices I didn't do it yet.

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
I've been working in the shop the last few days. Needed a couple of small folding tables to hold photo books at tractor shows. I have one of these I made several years ago out of redwood, these are from unknown lumber from an old house that was torn down 50 years ago. Boards had been used more than once in between times. I ripped & planned them down for thickness, then ripped & cut to size. Sanded & drilled. Today I put them together, will partially dismantle for a semi-gloss Spar varnish. ~~ grnspot

TOO crafty ... :thumbsup:
Nice job, how did the knives on your plainer stand up?
There is always nice wood inside the tattered outer surface.... :smile:KennyV

grnspot110

Threads
TOO crafty ... :thumbsup:
Nice job, how did the knives on your plainer stand up?
There is always nice wood inside the tattered outer surface.... :smile:KennyV

Thanks!

Knives are starting to dull, but I've planed quite a bit of native oak in the past with it. Have had it for several years, 12-1/2" Delta benchtop.

For used lumber, I check with a metal detector first! ~~ grnspot