Won't Start MTD 11A-B96N729 with B&S 675 series

tbonpc

Threads
I have an MTD Yard Machine Push Mower, model 11A-B96N729 DOM 2013 21" cut 190cc Briggs and Straton 675 series. It will not start, New Carb, New Plug gapped to .20" new air filter, fresh gas, cleaned out gas tank. Tested the plug and yes it has spark.Plug does look wet when pulling it out. Auto Choke seems to be free and easy, When pull the rope the motor does turn to creat the spark so don't think it is the ket? What else could it be?

Threads
Well you have gas getting to the plug and you have spark... The only thing left is compression and timing of the spark when the piston comes up.......

Pull the flywheel and look REAL GOOD at the key.. You really don't have to pull it just take the nut off and look to see if the 2 notches line up perfectly.............

If the key is sheared it will still spark but not at the right time..........

Let us know Mon Ami ~!~!

tbonpc

Threads
Well you have gas getting to the plug and you have spark... The only thing left is compression and timing of the spark when the piston comes up.......

Pull the flywheel and look REAL GOOD at the key.. You really don't have to pull it just take the nut off and look to see if the 2 notches line up perfectly.............

If the key is sheared it will still spark but not at the right time..........

Let us know Mon Ami ~!~!

Right on the money! Yep sheared key. Will replace tomorrow and report back. Thanks Boudreaux

Threads
I used to own 25 percent of a bar in Bayou La Batre quite a while back.........

Threads
Right on the money! Yep sheared key. Will replace tomorrow and report back. Thanks Boudreaux

Great news and a easy fix........ Yep like I said earlier even if the key is sheared it will have spark, but at the wrong time...
Surprised you didn't have a kick back and pop your wrist or knee cap with the rope handle..... If the key was sheared just right you won't get a kick back ~!~!~!

tbonpc

Threads
Great news and a easy fix........ Yep like I said earlier even if the key is sheared it will have spark, but at the wrong time...
Surprised you didn't have a kick back and pop your wrist or knee cap with the rope handle..... If the key was sheared just right you won't get a kick back ~!~!~!

Got the Flywheel key and installed, pulled one time and fired right up! Thanks again Boudreaux. Yep those Bars in the Battry could get rough back in the day, have been over that way for awhile but fishermen can get a little roudy at times!

Threads
Got the Flywheel key and installed, pulled one time and fired right up! Thanks again Boudreaux. Yep those Bars in the Battry could get rough back in the day, have been over that way for awhile but fishermen can get a little roudy at times!

Besides the Mexican restaurant I think I had the only bar in town.......... Never a fight in the bar.... Just one tussle outside with big Aaron and a inspector that didn't like Aaron....