Wiring harness?

gravy5227

Forum Newbie
Threads
Yesterday mu buddy and I put a pair of jumper cables on backwards from a truck to my z810 battery and I think the battery is still fine though I believe we fried the wiring harness or possibly the motherboard. Can anyone shed any light on my situation?

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Post the model and serial numbers of the unit so we have some idea of what you are talking about. Our psychic powers are down, due to COVID-19, so we have no idea of which model of JD you have. We hate guessing, as it looks is a waste of everyone’s time.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Rivets, Do you need reading glasses too?:cautious: The op said it is a JD Z810(A).

To OP. Do you have any power? If not you may have just blew the main 20A fuse. Otherwise yes you could have blew the
Vehicle Controller board but only testing will find the problem. Reverse connecting the battery can do a lot damage including blowing the voltage regulator and possible damaging both ignition coils.

Z810A Wiring Schematic
1649251051477.png

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Have the glasses on, but only one cup of coffee. Missed it.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Have the glasses on, but only one cup of coffee. Missed it.
I used to have one pot by now but I am a very limited intake of liquids and food due to stupid doctor refusing to put me back the BP med that worked. No explanation as to why he is refusing to it. I am currently hunting a doctor that will work with me on the problem.

SO I only had one this morning and no breakfast. Table legs are looking good enough to eat.

I current fight with a Z325A. Darn JD Parts is saying two different main air filters used. They gave the customer the wrong one of course.

gravy5227

Forum Newbie
Threads
Post the model and serial numbers of the unit so we have some idea of what you are talking about. Our psychic powers are down, due to COVID-19, so we have no idea of which model of JD you have. We hate guessing, as it looks is a waste of everyone’s time.
It is a z810 john deere zero turn lawnmower

sgkent

Lawn Addict
Threads
I see diodes all over the place on that wiring diagram. Like StarTech said, start with the 20A fuse but get ready for smoke when you replace it, if it is bad. Many electronics play poorly with reversed polarity.