Wire problem

EEyore

Forum Newbie
Threads
When I turn the key on I lose the ground. The battery shows 12.75v I have ground before I turn the key on. But know thing.
I have removed the ground bar on the shooting connector on my seat and still No ground.I can jump my starter ground terminal stright to the neg. On my battery and it will turn over. I think I have check all the switches but can not find the problem. My wife just finished cutting the grass and cut the more off and not this problem. Any ideas what I may be missing.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
How do I put this nicely? I guess I can’t. I’m on my second cup of coffee and your post has my head spinning and I might have to switch to adding some brandy to it. What are you taking about, as your post makes absolutely no sense. We have no idea of what you have, except that it might be a lawn mower your wife was using, but you say not the problem.
Is this a push mower?
Is this a riding tractor?
Is this a stand on mower?
What brand of unit are you talking about?
What brand of engine does it have?
What are the units model and serial numbers from the ID tag?
What are all the engine numbers?
A better explanation of your problem would be very helpful. Don’t be afraid to get very specific or long winded.
You must remember that we are hundreds if not thousands of miles away from you and cannot what you are talking about. If English is not you primary language, please be extra careful to reread how your words are translated.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Boy this gives me a headache just trying to translate to it to readable English. But I think I got part of it done. Got wait my headache to go away. No idea what the OP even has.

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
When I turn the key on I lose the ground.
Impossible with the provided words.
the ground bar on the shooting connector on my seat
I tried with my CSI glasses on...... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot.
My wife just finished cutting the grass and cut the more off and not this problem.
This tells me the mower is working as normal.

Or have your wife do all the mowing. It works when she uses it.

mark abby

Threads
When I turn the key on I lose the ground. The battery shows 12.75v I have ground before I turn the key on. But know thing.
I have removed the ground bar on the shooting connector on my seat and still No ground.I can jump my starter ground terminal stright to the neg. On my battery and it will turn over. I think I have check all the switches but can not find the problem. My wife just finished cutting the grass and cut the more off and not this problem. Any ideas what I may be missing.

grounds are used as part of the safety features on riders...if this is a rider. When the key is urned ON, it will show grounds, but when you begin to start it, the grounds go OFF until a safety switch grounds the machine out. ( hope i explained the right) You can test this by putting a meter to the + wire and the - wire some where, it'll show 12v with the key ON, if you start it, kit'll show 0 volts.

If some safety switch is broke or removed you'll have problems. You mentioned the seat...if you removed the safety switch, you will need to jump those two wires. If there's another safety switch somewhere, you'll need to check each one to be sure they are functioning right. Since you mentioned your wife driving it, i'd start with the seat switch. I realize some foreigners might not use good english, but i tried to understand.

just my simple and humble opinion

Last edited:

Forest#2

Threads
You asked:
Any ideas what I may be missing.

YES

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Since you asked, how about answering all the questions I ask in post #2. If you don’t want to do that there’s not much more we can do for you.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Hmmmm, I don't the OP is around anymore. It been over six months since he posted once.