Wine, beer and mead brewers

Vervepipes

Threads
Anybody here brew their own? I just bottled a grape, apple, strawberry blend and am starting strawberry/rhubarb today. I don't use wine kits, I either grow my own fruit or buy the fruit needed. Superstore is a great place to buy fruit destined to become wine, if a couple of berries start to get fuzzy in a container they mark it 1/2 off, so I take those ones out, wash and freeze the rest and collect until I have enough. I haven't made beer in quite a while but I've always used kits for that. The guy across the street actually owns a produce wholesale business, so I may approach him for a steady supply if he has any that he can't sell.

RetiredGuns

Threads
I have a nice Belgium trippel fermenting right now. I do small 2 1/2 gallon batches. I am hoping once bottled I can leave it alone until around Christmas as the reward will be worth it.

I also do 1 gallon batches of wine. My vines are still 2 years out, but can't wait for my own grapes.

My last batch of Munton's "Old Ale" came out lovely. It's a favorite that I've brewed a few times.

muntons.jpg

Did this Stout & personalized it!

gunnystout.jpg

Attachments

• muntons.jpg
    muntons.jpg
    181.6 KB · Views: 3

okiepc

Threads
:drink: I brew my own beer, 6 gallons at a time, excellent stuff. I just started 1 1/2 gallons of cherry wine to be ready around Thanksgiving, I enjoy my hobby & save money.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

okiepc

Threads
I have a nice Belgium trippel fermenting right now. I do small 2 1/2 gallon batches. I am hoping once bottled I can leave it alone until around Christmas as the reward will be worth it.

I also do 1 gallon batches of wine. My vines are still 2 years out, but can't wait for my own grapes.

My last batch of Munton's "Old Ale" came out lovely. It's a favorite that I've brewed a few times.

muntons.jpg

Did this Stout & personalized it!

gunnystout.jpg

Some good lookin beer you have sir. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Vervepipes

Threads
Every once in a while I see people giving away batches of that style of bottle, but I always seem to miss them. I had to leave a lot of my bottles behind when I moved from Alberta to Nova Scotia, but I inherited a few hundred wine bottles. I need to start making beer again, I haven't in a few years. I'm still looking for a way to personalize my brews but haven't come up with a name yet. Gunplumber's Brew came to mind a few years back but I'm not an armourer anymore so I don't see the name as valid.

okiepc

Threads
Every once in a while I see people giving away batches of that style of bottle, but I always seem to miss them. I had to leave a lot of my bottles behind when I moved from Alberta to Nova Scotia, but I inherited a few hundred wine bottles. I need to start making beer again, I haven't in a few years. I'm still looking for a way to personalize my brews but haven't come up with a name yet. Gunplumber's Brew came to mind a few years back but I'm not an armourer anymore so I don't see the name as valid.

You will think of a name. There is nothing better than relaxing & opening a cold beer that you brewed, puts the store bought stuff to shame. :drink:

Psychlopath

Threads
It's good to see that several others brew here. It's been an incredible hobby for me in the years past. I still have some of my last brew, an Adam clone; I thought I'd used it all up, but with several moves in the last few years, I guess I lost track of a case...hard to believe, I know. It's been a nice find over the past few days! Now that I'm celebrating a move to a new house in a new state, I'm considering what I'll brew to celebrate...I'm leaning towards an IPA for now. But whatever I decide, it'll have to wait 'till after the un-packing is finished.

I also have about a gallon of my last mead, some in a growler and some in Grolsch that I'd planned on letting age for various times and giving away to some friends...but with the move, I guess I'll have no choice but to drink it myself. That was finished up around last Christmas and gets better every time I drink it.

Life in America is tough some times.