Will start but dies in six seconds

induray

Threads
Well, what can I say? I finally got the lawnmower working again. I must thank KennyV and the rest of members who participated in my thread. I finally had to do a full overhaul of the carb. I pulled it apart completely and replaced the welch plug, all o rings, gasket etc.. I didn't do the math but probably the cost of all individual parts came short of just buying a new assembled carb. I never figured out what was the real problem. Was it a plugged vent, a bad o-ring? I'll never know. So, in light of the above I ask myself...Was it worth it? yes and no.First, No because obviously cost , time and aggravation, and the risk that another bigger issue might soon appear rendering the lawnmower useless. Yes because I experienced a sense of achievement and pride. Showed my son the rewards of perseverance. But honestly I hope I can keep these "learning moments" few and far in between!!!
Thanks to all:rolleyes:

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Great that you have it working...

Most likely, with my kind of luck... the next time you need to do this, you will have completely forgotten this particular experience... and you will get to do it all over again:biggrin:.... :smile:KennyV

Turf & tree

Threads
Did you replace the needle and seat ? Check the float level?

induray

Threads
Did you replace the needle and seat ? Check the float level?

If you mean the seat and needle of the float level assembly , yes I did. I also check the float was not puncture or damaged. But I know that was not the problem because I was getting fuel on the bowl and the malfunction was most likely of not getting fuel into the venturi port. My best guess is when I removed the welch plug, I was able to clean the small ports.

Later

induray

Threads
Ok. Got it running but now after major carb overhaul, the engines starts but rev's slow and the it start oscillating from slow to almost normal speed back down. After a good warm up, it stabilizes but is seems to run low power. I do not see any adjustments. Any ideas? Is it the Tec Vector Carb or is it electrical or what? :confused2:

bluegirl

Threads
Hi all, I see this is an old thread, but I have been having the same issue. I'm in the midst of carb rebuild. Questions about the main nozzle. Mine is not removable. Do I do anything to it? Is there o-rings in there that I need to replace? I'm ready to reinstall on to the snowblower once I figure this all out. Also, how to properly adjust the throttle cable as when I bring mine to the off position, the machine does not turn off. Thanks in advance