Walk behind Will HRR216VYA self-propel with blade disengaged?

fangorn

Forum Newbie
Threads
Will the HRR216VYA (2012 model) and similar models with the blade stop feature still self-propel with the blade disengaged? I'd like to be able to walk the mower around a shared pond to the rest of my property on the other side with the blade disengaged but the self-propel working. I've read the owner's manual but cannot determine whether this will work or not. Thanks.

scott47429

Threads
i don't know much about the hondas but my John Deere works that way all i can say is wait on someone that knows the mower or just go try it

robert@honda

Lawn Addict
Threads
Will the HRR216VYA (2012 model) and similar models with the blade stop feature still self-propel with the blade disengaged?

Yes.

The drive system (called Smart Drive) and blade stop systems (called Roto-Stop) are independent. You can engage/release the drive control lever at any time, just as you can start/stop the blade rotation at any time.

fangorn

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks for the quick replies. My kids will be happy to have a mower they don't have to push/pull around the pond w/o assistance, especially when the neighbors' grass is tall and the ground around the pond's bank soggy!