Why no forum for Ryobi ??

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Well Ryobi chainsaw that just came in is a Homelite parts wise. RY10521A So they are no harder to repair than the Homelite saws. Just a stupid Ruixing carb which I actually got repair GND kits for.

Tiger Small Engine

Threads
Well Ryobi chainsaw that just came in is a Homelite parts wise. RY10521A So they are no harder to repair than the Homelite saws. Just a stupid Ruixing carb which I actually got repair GND kits for.
Don’t work on handheld Homelite, Poulan, Troy Bilt, MTD, Ryobi, Craftsman, etc. It isn’t that they are not fixable, it is for the following 6 reasons above.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Ever heard of the business model where low cost repairs are done for the customers to bring a lot more profitable repairs? Yes a lot handheld are done here at near cost. Plus they are not that hard to do when you know what you are doing. Yes I overlook some labor collected at times but that is something can overlook as long as I make a profit on the parts. I looking at the big picture of getting more profitable repairs from the same customers.

It took me all five minutes to diagnose the problem. And it will 30-45 minutes to effect the repairs. Now of course the repair cost to the customer will be about $70 but he has already agreed to it. It when his ZTR comes in that I will make a much better profit.

Now there will be some more involved repairs but I have been doing handhelds are since 2009. When I first started it took a long time but now they are rather quick repairs. I started out with a PU load of them from another shop that just gave them to to get out of his way. I self trained myself on them and ended up repairing and sell 3/4 of that load for more the parts cost me. Yes I had to get some unique tools but they have service me well over the years.

As with all things some shops just can't wrap their heads around the repairs. Two cycle are simple but everything got to be right unlike a four cycle. Now there are shop in the area that refuses to done electrical work on equipment too.

It is basically providing a service for good customer relations. I got several major customers that started trying me out on the el cheapo equipment.

When my brother supposedly ran the business he also was refusing the handheld repairs. Well I start doing the repairs myself as he was refusing to pay me for the use of the computer and accounting I was doing him so I had do something to cover those expenses. When he seen that I taking in close to 5K a year in work he took notice. Being a a$$ he tried to stop the customers from leaving me the repairs. They just keep coming: some even threaten to take their other repairs to another shop so he final yield. Last year I did about 8K in hand repairs of the 30K in over all repairs. So shops please keep refusing these repairs.

Now this season is just starting up and the handheld repairs are already exceeding the rider repairs but that will change as soon I get out the Z830A and Z925A major repairs out.