Why fix it your self ?

ThaxtexGM

Threads
So who fix it your self? Why not take it to you mower shop?
Tony

Mike88se

Threads
So who fix it your self? Why not take it to you mower shop?
Tony
I do.
1. Because I can
2. I have the time since I'm not running a large business as some here do. I do value my time but I don't think I'm worth $75-$100 an hour lol
3. I like it fixing things... usually ;)

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
First your pic looks familiar are from spokane? Second knowledge is power I know how to fix so I save money doing it myself I own so many pieces of equipment that break so often most my overhead would go to repair shops.... Also time equipment is in the shop is money out of my pocket ...

ThaxtexGM

Threads
I do.
1. Because I can
2. I have the time since I'm not running a large business as some here do. I do value my time but I don't think I'm worth $75-$100 an hour lol
3. I like it fixing things... usually ;)

So you can fix it your self that's good!
But what's tuning a large business got to do with fixing you mowers, sorry don't get that??
Are you saying $75-$100 per hours is what you get charged by shops in the USA?

ThaxtexGM

Threads
First your pic looks familiar are from spokane? Second knowledge is power I know how to fix so I save money doing it myself I own so many pieces of equipment that break so often most my overhead would go to repair shops.... Also time equipment is in the shop is money out of my pocket ...

I'am in Essex UK!
Why do they keep breaking?
Saving money is very but a lot of your time is spent fixing your kit how could you fix that?
I fixture contractors kit same day it comes in why can't you get that services ask?

ThaxtexGM

Threads
I am in Essex UK have a look at my website pricing is very competitive :)

image-1760107345.jpg

bwdbrn1

Threads
I fix my stuff, when I can, because I enjoy it. I don't sharpen my own mower blades because I've just never gotten the hang of it so I take them to a local hardware store that charges $5.00 (3 BPS) per blade. If I run across something else I can't do, I'll take it to a shop.

I'd say your price for basic service is pretty much on par with what would be charged here in the U.S. at most shops, at least here in the mid-west where I live.

Do you charge an additional fee for pick up and drop off?

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
If you got the skills, equipment, and time why not fix it yourself. Just because someone owns a peace of equipment doesn't mean they know how to repair it. I really find this true in electrical problems. If it doesn't run or start just start cutting wires, snip, snip and its all fixed.

ThaxtexGM

Threads
I fix my stuff, when I can, because I enjoy it. I don't sharpen my own mower blades because I've just never gotten the hang of it so I take them to a local hardware store that charges $5.00 (3 BPS) per blade. If I run across something else I can't do, I'll take it to a shop.

I'd say your price for basic service is pretty much on par with what would be charged here in the U.S. at most shops, at least here in the mid-west where I live.

Do you charge an additional fee for pick up and drop off?

Rotary Blades need to be balanced, you can get something for that off eBay ! Have a read up on how to do it, we all had to learn:)

As for pick ups it depend on how far away they are from me, within 5 miles free, also what it is a walk behind mower say £10 = $15 but a big ride-on could be as much as £30 = $45 as time is money and mucking about putting a big mower on my van is not making me any money I am losing it.

People think we put all that money we charge in are pocket! But we don't we have to pay for running a van, a workshop, heating the workshop , lighting it, tools, buying parts that can takes up lots of time that we don't charge for, and all the other costs to running a business, then and only then do we get some money for us!

Most of the time the people we employ take home more money the we do.

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
If you got the skills, equipment, and time why not fix it yourself. Just because someone owns a peace of equipment doesn't mean they know how to repair it. I really find this true in electrical problems. If it doesn't run or start just start cutting wires, snip, snip and its all fixed.

Ya I can do quite a bit with mowers but electrical is to frustrating this is usually where I take it to a shop. My stuff breaks because I use residential equipment 8 hrs a day and beat them to shot I maintain very well but some of them can't take the abuse