Who do you think makes the best mulching mower

Who Do you think makes the best walk behind mulching Mower

• Total voters

stygz

Threads
Who do you think makes the best mulching walk behind mower?

possum

Threads
from what I see in my neighborhood, Snapper.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Snapper always has made the best

Sent from my iPhone using LMF

stygz

Threads
I cant remember the last time I saw a Snapper?

rfl

Threads
I cant remember the last time I saw a Snapper?

OK! I had to vote for the Honda because of the motor but just wanted to put my 2 cents in for what it is worth. As far as I know, Snapper no longer makes a mower. I believe that Toro now owns Snapper and the rear wheel drive transmission is no longer made because of cost. I have a Snapper self propelled that is 25 years old. As a matter of fact, I just finished trimming my yard out with it this evening. It started out as a two-cycle but I replaced that motor with a 5.5 Tecumseh after the other motor locked up years ago. It is getting harder to find the drive pieces so some day, my old mower will be no more. I do wish Toro would make the rear wheel design because it is easy to work on and performs fantastic. You never have to lift the front end off the ground to make it turn. I should have bought the last one I saw two years ago on a discontinued sale but did not have the money. Even under powered as my old mower is, I would still put the cut up against most new mowers today. I hope that some owners of these other mowers will weigh in on this topic because I too will be in the market for a new self propelled in the near future. The one thing I have noticed on much of the Honda mowers is there is no option for side discharge. I'm not sold on just a mulching mower so even though I like the Honda motor, I might still have to look at a Toro. Lets hear some other thoughts out there about maintaning, durability, cut and performance of self propelled mowers. Don't mean to ramble. Thanks!

stygz

Threads
OK! I had to vote for the Honda because of the motor but just wanted to put my 2 cents in for what it is worth. As far as I know, Snapper no longer makes a mower. I believe that Toro now owns Snapper and the rear wheel drive transmission is no longer made because of cost. I have a Snapper self propelled that is 25 years old. As a matter of fact, I just finished trimming my yard out with it this evening. It started out as a two-cycle but I replaced that motor with a 5.5 Tecumseh after the other motor locked up years ago. It is getting harder to find the drive pieces so some day, my old mower will be no more. I do wish Toro would make the rear wheel design because it is easy to work on and performs fantastic. You never have to lift the front end off the ground to make it turn. I should have bought the last one I saw two years ago on a discontinued sale but did not have the money. Even under powered as my old mower is, I would still put the cut up against most new mowers today. I hope that some owners of these other mowers will weigh in on this topic because I too will be in the market for a new self propelled in the near future. The one thing I have noticed on much of the Honda mowers is there is no option for side discharge. I'm not sold on just a mulching mower so even though I like the Honda motor, I might still have to look at a Toro. Lets hear some other thoughts out there about maintaning, durability, cut and performance of self propelled mowers. Don't mean to ramble. Thanks!

Honda mowers (HRX) discharge out the back flap. You can buy an attachment that will allow a side discharge for about $35

Last edited:

mikeypizano

Threads
Honda by far, My HRC mulches GREAT!

jmurray01

, , 1,000 Post Club
Threads
This thread should really be in the polls section.

possum

Threads
Snapper still makes lawnmowers. Toro does not own Snapper. Snapper still has a rear wheel drive self propelled lawnmower. It is a disc drive. The John Deer series of self propelled lawnmowers have been Snapper at least a good portion of the time. I had only one Snapper in my lifetime, it was a buggy thing and soured me on the name for life. Everyone else i know who has them loves the darn things. My neighbor behind me has two. Both of them are terrible to start, but they really mow and mulch. A good friend of mine has two of the rear engined riders, he loves those things.