white 13hp

BobMac

Forum Newbie
Threads
Son calls me up yesterday ,says the mower deck belt broke and got tangled up in the drive pulley.Yep that what looks like happened.Started working on it but i think the engine is junk now??Cant turn it over by hand,does anyone have any Ideas ,or you think the drive shaft got bent??Put a socket on it with a breaker bar still won't budge....

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Check carefully that there is nothing still jamming up the drive, belt parts have a way of wrapping tight around spinning shafts & pulley's, clutches....
When trying to turn the engine, if it has a pull start mechanism on it, it will Not turn backwards.
There should be No reason that shredding a belt should have damaged the engine... :smile:KennyV

BobMac

Forum Newbie
Threads
Had everything apart,motor shaft pulley, everything.There's nothing jammed,guess motor is junk.
Seized up big time,tried turning from the top of the engine and from the drive shaft.Guess the son gonna look from another engine or a good used mower. thanks for the help

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Have you checked to see if the starter gear is jammed seizing the engine? I agree with Kenny, there is no way a broken belt should cause this problem.

BobMac

Forum Newbie
Threads
Yes checked that out too, pulled the starter off just to make sure..Thats also what i thought
no a belt jam could bend the shaft?Kids probably not telling the whole story.But it wouldnt be the first time :) His money not mine,Iam just the repair guy on most things.

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Well as you dig deeper, you are sure to come across what is really up...
Post back with what you find.. pictures are also very nice. :smile:KennyV