Which one to buy? Dixie Chopper or Bad Boy?

dadsqlink

Forum Newbie
Threads
I am trying to decide between A 2012 60" ctz6023 bad boy mower or a 2011 60" dixie chopper silver eagle se2760hp. Both are new with factory warranty. bad boy has a three year and the dixie chopper has a five year warranty. BB has a 23 hp engine the dc has a 27hp engine. The BB is $6348.11 with taxes and fees. the dc is $7704 with taxes and fees. Any suggestions woul be helpful thanks

Bomba

Threads
I am trying to decide between A 2012 60" ctz6023 bad boy mower or a 2011 60" dixie chopper silver eagle se2760hp. Both are new with factory warranty. bad boy has a three year and the dixie chopper has a five year warranty. BB has a 23 hp engine the dc has a 27hp engine. The BB is $6348.11 with taxes and fees. the dc is $7704 with taxes and fees. Any suggestions woul be helpful thanks

I just bought a house from a guy who used a Chopper 60" on his (now mine) over 5 acre lot. His was the same model as one u r looking at I believe, but older. I gotta say, we moved in last August and his grass cut looked GREAT! I'm a fan of the Chopper. It's a proven machine , and it is fast. Durable too. I bought a new exMark 60" Pioneer, 27 HP and I love it. Ease of maintenance and a great local dealer made up my mind. Hope this helps.

Threads
i bought a Bad Boy MZ Magnum 54" in Feb love love love it! What I like most and what sold me is how well built and heavy it is. It is one step below a commercial model, although I use it commercially. 27hp Kawasaki engine. It was around $4000 after tax etc.

Sent from my iPhone using LMF

locolupe77

Threads
I bought a Dixie chopper Zee 1, which is a step under commercial. So far so good, The Dixie Choppers are well built and are the fastest Zero turn mowers on the market. I almost bought a Bad Boy myself but what turned me off, when I tried one, was that they do not handle well on reverse. I unload my riding mowers from my utility trailer on reverse, on some 2x10x6 ramps I made, and the Dixie is easy to maneuver on reverse.:thumbsup:

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads

dadsqlink,
I too almost pulled the trigger on a Bad Boy Outlaw last fall before deciding on a Gravely Pro-Turn XDZ 100 Commercial series. There were not any Dixie Chopper dealers in my area, but I have only heard good things about them on forum threads. The Bad Boys have a mix of owner reviews where they either love them or hate them. I was indeed impressed with the build of the Outlaw, but not so much on their ZT and CZT models. It appears that they have re-vamped some of those for 2013(the ZT series is now referred to as the ZT Elite series). If that dealer still has a 2012 Outlaw in the 54" in stock you may want to take a look at it before going with the CZT(the Outlaw has a "massive" 5gauge deck....one of the heaviest of any ZTR I looked at).