which mower should i buy!?! please help

thebigmarshal

Forum Newbie
Threads
i am looking to buy an affordable push mower that can mow for a long time without stopping and can mow through long and thick grass with ease? the reason i need it is because i just started a lawn care business and my other two mowers get clogged very easily and if i run them for a while the start shooting out white smoke and wont cut.

LandN

Threads
i am looking to buy an affordable push mower that can mow for a long time without stopping and can mow through long and thick grass with ease? the reason i need it is because i just started a lawn care business and my other two mowers get clogged very easily and if i run them for a while the start shooting out white smoke and wont cut.

You have too many generic statements here......what dollar amount is affordable? how many hours are you going to be cutting at one time and collectively? what deck size mower? how many clients do you cut?........ my quick answer is (1) 21" commercial mower (1) 33"-42" commercial cut walk behind or rider (2) commercial string trimmers (2) commercial blowers (1)smallish utility trailer (1) used truck and a lot of business homework to do:smile: try not to cut any more than you have to on long wet grass. cut more often:smile: good luck

Carl in CT

Threads
Depends on how you define affordable. You can buy a $150 push mower at Walmart, Sears or Home Depot which will be ok and if you take good care of it it will last several years. I spent over $300 on a Toro personal pace self propelled with bagger at Home Depot and it has been great. I've had it for around 10 years and the darn thing just works every time. Never gives me trouble starting, even after sitting all winter and I admit I could have taken better care of it. It always runs well, cuts well, bags well when I choose to bag. I usually run the side discharge shute or mulch. Anyway, it's probably at least $350 now which may sound like a lot for a 22" walk behind mower but it has really been worth it.

My wife loves it too. She likes to use it for a little extra excerise and the personal pace feature works well. The more you push on the handle the faster it goes so if you walk fast it just naturally goes faster, if you walk slow it naturally goes slower.

Good luck on your search!