WHICH IS FASTER

Threads
Do you cut with a back and forth pattern or do you do a square pattern and why/:cool:

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Do you cut with a back and forth pattern or do you do a square pattern and why/:cool:

I personally like the back in forth method and mulch but that's just me, as to which is faster, time wise there's really no difference If your mowing in a square pattern. The total number of angular degrees you turn is in either case will be the same. I mow back and forth when I can because it just makes thing look better.

Threads
If the grass is super long to prevent clumps I will do counter clock-wise rectangles (like doing a square around your entire lawn but it creates a stripe affect).

wide stripes.jpg

But if the grass is not super long I will just go up-and-back.

lawn.jpg

metz12

Threads
I always go back and fourth with the push mower. I do the circle/square pattern with the rider though.

Nummy

Threads
back and forth because 1. you look like an idiot going in a square most of the time they blow the grass in and when the get towards the middle the mower starts bogging out cause it cant handle it I LMAO every time I watch my neighbor do that at least turn around and blow the grass away from what hasn't been cut yet 2 it looks better going back and forth when your done and looking at the lawn 3 its better for you lawn But you shouldn't go in the same pattern every time (up and down) (side to side) (diagonal left to right) (diagonal Right to left)

Threads
I personally like the back in forth method and mulch but that's just me, as to which is faster, time wise there's really no difference If your mowing in a square pattern. The total number of angular degrees you turn is in either case will be the same. I mow back and forth when I can because it just makes thing look better.

I agree I go back, and forth too it looks much better.

Threads
Just like the looks better back and forth

Yes. I have tried both ways, and the time didnt vary more than a few minutes. It seems like back, and forth keeps you in the grass more reducing your cutting time.

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
Yes. I have tried both ways, and the time didnt vary more than a few minutes. It seems like back, and forth keeps you in the grass more reducing your cutting time.

Turning is the biggest time waster if you can make less turns you maximize the time your actually cutting grass then that's the fastest way