Where to lift safely for Hydro oil change & new SCAG owner - Pictures Inside!

Kwelhand

Threads
  • / Where to lift safely for Hydro oil change & new SCAG owner - Pictures Inside!
photo_1.jpg

photo1401235706881.jpg

photo_2.jpg

photo_3.jpg

Proud new owner of SCAG Freedom Z 48" w/ 19HP Kawasaki Engine.
Brought used w/ 90hrs on it and looked practically new to me.
Paid $2800 cash from a nice gentlemen.

It sits very low and love the overall build quality!:thumbsup:
Cuts beautifully and thanks God I didn't buy that lousy box store stamped deck zero turn mower w/ non-serviceable hydro.:rolleyes:
Overall, very pleased with the machine and my awesome local SCAG dealer is like 4 miles from me for any service or parts.

Here are my questions:

1. Where to lift the rear end safely for Hydro oil change (see bottom 2 pictures)?
The hour meter is close to 100 and I would like to change the Hydro oil and filter.
Already got the filters and 20W-50 oil.
How many quarts of oil do I need for Hydro? manual said 5 quarts but it seems a lot to me.

2. What year my mower manufactured?
Serial# D97038XX

3. Anything I should be careful about this Freedom Z mower regarding to the maintenance & operating?

I spent two days reading a lot of good info on SCAG section and look forward to learn a lot more!

Mad Mackie

Lawn Addict
Threads
  • / Where to lift safely for Hydro oil change & new SCAG owner - Pictures Inside!
I don't see your machine serial number series in the manual section on the Scag website, recheck the serial number.
The engine model, type and code numbers will give you an idea of the year of manufacturer of the engine and in turn the machine.
Clean machine for sure!!!
Mad Mackie in CT:laughing::biggrin::smile:

Last edited:

Kwelhand

Threads
Thanks MM, I rechecked the serial# and I couldn't find it from their website.
The seller told me that he ran for 3 seasons and I believe him...

I don't see your machine serial number series in the manual section on the Scag website, recheck the serial number.
The engine model, type and code numbers will give you an idea of the year of manufacturer of the engine and in turn the machine.
Clean machine for sure!!!
Mad Mackie in CT:laughing::biggrin::smile: