Where to get wagon wheels?

upupandaway

Threads
I have wagons with 10" innertube wheels. They keep loosing air after only 6 months. I tried different stores- harbor, northern toll, tractor supply, and flat tire sealer with little luck. I have checked and found nothing to puncture the innertube with no luck. As many wheels as I have solid wheels will add up.
Anyone have a suggestion of where to get wheels that won't do this?

TonyPrin

Threads
I suggest making old tubes into liners for your wheels. Doing so will more than double the thickness of the tube as the liner will be uninflated so it's not stretched.

SeniorCitizen

Lawn Addict
Threads
I suggest making old tubes into liners for your wheels. Doing so will more than double the thickness of the tube as the liner will be uninflated so it's not stretched.
My father did similar on 28 Model A tires except he installed them because Goat Heads were puncturing the tires .

It was accomplished by cutting all of the the side wall off and using the tread area of other old thin tires . No easy task but he was very well acquainted with not easy . In those days it was common to boot a tire where there was a puncture but we kids always said our car had full boots .

Last edited:

TonyPrin

Threads
upupandaway, looking at your IP again I had another thought. Check your tires for something on the inside that may be causing the problem. Perhaps you have a thorn or something similar.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
The problem is the el cheapo inner tubes used in the HFT, Northern Tool, TSC tires. The 600 lb hand cart here was suffering the same problems with the tire from HFT they were failing less than six month due being leaving to be left outdoors. I finally brought some good quality tires and tubes and they been up over three year now. So less $5 tires, tubes, and rims are just to get your money. If remember it cost me around $45 to put on the good stuff but it has been well worth as I no longer constantly having to repair the wheels and they would always be flat when I need the cart the most before the final change out.