Where to find Walbro LMT 799728 Carb for 12.5 HP Engine?

TobyU

Threads
  • / Where to find Walbro LMT 799728 Carb for 12.5 HP Engine?
Hi,
Well...Belief is not the question...

From what I can find out they quit making that Walbro LMT and then just used the same number to tag the Nikki with.

That looks good on paper and the parts computer down at the shop, but...

Does not give the info to find an exact Walbro carb!

Thanks!
It doesn't matter. Plenty of the IPLs for Briggs 28xxxx and 31xxxx engines show high in the IPL because they could come with either.
Any old laying around scrap mower engine with the similar carb can be fitted right on.

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
Last edited:

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
OF course you not going to know if it was fitted with LMT 92, 96 or LMT 5, 37, 41, 77, 81, 157 or similar number as that was a main variable at Briggs for tuning to meet a certain EPA spec. You have trust the IPL as which is correct carburetor that they finally settled on.

At least there is only two different nozzles used and I would with the standard nozzle.
1702290462257.png

Forest#2

Threads
Bertsmobile1:
You might want to go pee before you start reading this info.
Just some general info about the NLA Walbro LMT carb replacements.
Here is a direct link to show the WALBRO carb that was used on that engine which shows a list of the carb part numbers and the models of the Briggs engines and your engine model is included in the list.
What is little bit confusing when trying to find a LMT carb now days is you cannot use the Briggs part number that was listed for the Walbro because it will take you to a Nikki replacement carb because the Walbro is NLA as a new replacement as you have also determined.
To find a Walbro LMT you will most likely have to watch fleece bay or visit some small engine repair shops and salvages to look for the LMT stamped Walbro and even then finding ONE that can be re-built is a roll of the dice due to someone already ruined the emulsion tube or the emulsion tube is corroded and cannot be removed. (as startech indicated)
The reason I have some Walbro LMT's plus several others is I would acquire them from small engine shops that replaces carbs instead of re-building them as non-working carbs, most were just given to me for parts others I would buy in bulk dirt cheap as non-working parts carbs, buckets full and I could take parts and pieces and make useable ones as a winter project. I usually only re-built the more desirable NLA types or the expensive type OEM replacement carbs. (Some OEM small engine new replacement carbs would be in the $300 area and that is why now days most people try to use clones instead of installing a $300 carb on a worn out end of life machine that might be headed for the salvage yard in few days trying to not throw good money at bad.
Look for the LMT stamp and MOST GENERALLY the main nozzle size will be ok for use on a single cylinder Briggs engines if the engine DOES NOT require MAX hp when being used. If you do not see the LMT, its not a Walbro. (even if they say it is)
Here is a picture of a Walbro LMT stamped carb on fleece bay.

seagiant

Threads
Hi,
Thanks for that Forest!!!

TobyU

Threads
So much effort, time, energy and words wasted on this entire thread for some apparent hang up over wanting an oem walbro which is completely unnecessary.
I prefer that carb over a Nikki but again it makes no difference..
This problem could have all been solved and the more could have been running well from any old carburetor, almost, that any lumber repair shop would have probably given you out of there Parts piles or their junk mowers or just go on eBay or Amazon and grab one that fits many, many, many of those 28 and 31 series engines that looks about like your old one.
Problem would have been solved and for only a few dollars.

seagiant

Threads
So much effort, time, energy and words wasted on this entire thread for some apparent hang up over wanting an oem walbro which is completely unnecessary.
I prefer that carb over a Nikki but again it makes no difference..
This problem could have all been solved and the more could have been running well from any old carburetor, almost, that any lumber repair shop would have probably given you out of there Parts piles or their junk mowers or just go on eBay or Amazon and grab one that fits many, many, many of those 28 and 31 series engines that looks about like your old one.
Problem would have been solved and for only a few dollars.
Hi,
Well, everybody got to express their views, and have some fun...

I admittedly learned more about Small Engine Carbs...

That's what Forums are for, ALL good to me!

Thanks!

TobyU

Threads
Hi,
Well, everybody got to express their views, and have some fun...

I admittedly learned more about Small Engine Carbs...

That's what Forums are for, ALL good to me!

Thanks!
Yes, I am usually quite talkative and can write many novels or more accurately short stories on about anything but sometimes when the thing is just a circular conversation it's not really solving any problem whatsoever or someone is looking for an answer to a non problem or they have specific guidelines only they personally are worried about when there are plenty of other ways to get the job done I get a little frustrated.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Bertsmobile1:
You might want to go pee before you start reading this info.
Just some general info about the NLA Walbro LMT carb replacements.
Here is a direct link to show the WALBRO carb that was used on that engine which shows a list of the carb part numbers and the models of the Briggs engines and your engine model is included in the list.
What is little bit confusing when trying to find a LMT carb now days is you cannot use the Briggs part number that was listed for the Walbro because it will take you to a Nikki replacement carb because the Walbro is NLA as a new replacement as you have also determined.
To find a Walbro LMT you will most likely have to watch fleece bay or visit some small engine repair shops and salvages to look for the LMT stamped Walbro and even then finding ONE that can be re-built is a roll of the dice due to someone already ruined the emulsion tube or the emulsion tube is corroded and cannot be removed. (as startech indicated)
The reason I have some Walbro LMT's plus several others is I would acquire them from small engine shops that replaces carbs instead of re-building them as non-working carbs, most were just given to me for parts others I would buy in bulk dirt cheap as non-working parts carbs, buckets full and I could take parts and pieces and make useable ones as a winter project. I usually only re-built the more desirable NLA types or the expensive type OEM replacement carbs. (Some OEM small engine new replacement carbs would be in the $300 area and that is why now days most people try to use clones instead of installing a $300 carb on a worn out end of life machine that might be headed for the salvage yard in few days trying to not throw good money at bad.
Look for the LMT stamp and MOST GENERALLY the main nozzle size will be ok for use on a single cylinder Briggs engines if the engine DOES NOT require MAX hp when being used. If you do not see the LMT, its not a Walbro. (even if they say it is)
Here is a picture of a Walbro LMT stamped carb on fleece bay.
Naw the tthread was not that long I got to th end of it before having to take a dump:rolleyes::poop: