Where does this wire go?

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Yes they need to all the hard parts we do everyday then they would why we get grumpy at times. I spent two years in electronics and electrical school just be able read these schematics and then manufactures want to make it even harder with the line diagrams. And I spent of my life learning and keeping halfway updated on mechanical repairs. And I still feel lost some days.

In our business having model / serial number and even date codes is a must as we work on hundreds if not thousands of different equipment designs every year.

LarryJohnson

Threads
I’m tired of trying to make it easy, especially when I have to look for numbers or incomplete numbers. I will help those who do that, but expect them to do a little work also. We’ve learned the hard way, they should also. When you do it the hard way, makes it harder to forget.
The purpose of placing the mower and engine model numbers in my signature was to make it easier for everyone to see and it would show up on ever post, not just the first one.

LarryJohnson

Threads
Poke your head into the battery hole
If the solenoid is on the back panel then the fuse will be next to it
If the solenoid is on the floor under the dash then the fuse will be there next to it .
The yellow wire will go to the reverse cut out switch if it is a hydro or the neutral switch if it is a manual box
I found the fuse. Removed all the grass from the connection and replaced with another one but wasn’t even turning over. So old fuse replaced and taped up good. Motor turns, so fuse isn’t the issue.

LarryJohnson

Threads
My lord..Rivets links the wiring diagram provide the OP dropped a Zero from the model number which he made jump through hoops to find it.
But someone disconnected the seat switch and the connection goes back to the PTO switch. But here is the electrical diagram.
View attachment 67013
Thanks for posting the diagram. My seat switch has 3 yellow wires. Two are connected as shown in the diagram. I’m not sure where the third one goes.
Also, I disconnected the “main” yellow wire near the solenoid to bypass the shit off switches, but still couldn’t get it to fire.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Now you can see the problem as here your signature does not show up on my screen.
1697395316743.png
Because that option isn't check on my end. Just clutters the screen more.

Norm74

Forum Newbie
Threads
Now you can see the problem as here your signature does not show up on my screen.
View attachment 67023
Because that option isn't check on my end. Just clutters the screen mor
View attachment 67023
Because that option isn't check on my end. Just clutters the screen more.
I thought I was crazy. Had no idea what OP was talking about. Couldn’t for the life of me find his signature and unit numbers…. 😬

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Oh you have click his avatar and click on about to find the info. Just making us jump through hoops to find the inf because many like have that the signature feature turned off so we save bandwidth.

Lawn Addict
Threads
Well I sure appreciate all you guys,... (y)

LarryJohnson

Threads
Just an update. In my months long journey to repair the mower it turned out to be a broken push rod on the exhaust side. Actually, it was broken. I suspect it bent the first day the mower shut down but after all my attempts to start the engine, the rod finally broke. The OEM rod is made of aluminum. The replacement wasn't.
I also learned that since the motor would turn, the likely cause of the no-start was probably not a safety switch. Maybe this will help someone someday.