Buying Advice Where can you buy genuine Honda parts cheaper in the UK?

Ripleyxl9

Threads
  • / Where can you buy genuine Honda parts cheaper in the UK?
I just discovered a few bits ( needle jets etc, and gaskets ) for my carb cost $190 in the UK.
Yet I can buy the complete genuine Honda Carburettor for $67 in the USA!

Any UK folks found a reasonable genuine Honda Parts supplier in The UK or a reliable US supplier who will ship to the UK.?

Hell for $67 , its not worth my time cleaning and the risk of trying to guess which part is defective, might as well just slap on a new carb - in a heartbeat! Its a no brainer.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
I just discovered a few bits ( needle jets etc, and gaskets ) for my carb cost $190 in the UK.
Yet I can buy the complete genuine Honda Carburettor for $67 in the USA!

Any UK folks found a reasonable genuine Honda Parts supplier in The UK or a reliable US supplier who will ship to the UK.?

Hell for $67 , its not worth my time cleaning and the risk of trying to guess which part is defective, might as well just slap on a new carb - in a heartbeat! Its a no brainer.

For that kind of money why not just try a good cleaning and put it back together with the old parts. What do you have to lose other then the time to do the job?

Ripleyxl9

Threads
For that kind of money why not just try a good cleaning and put it back together with the old parts. What do you have to lose other then the time to do the job?

Yeah, agreed thats what I have been doing but it was not successful. See my other posting.
Hence now into replacing filters and jets etc. and of course more time.

In the past we could speak with Honda technical, and they were brilliant, thry could pretty much identify which parts could be suspect and one could start replacing the most likely culprit first.
Now Honda in the UK have a call centre approach. Useless, the last person was clueless, they even admitted they did not even know what a spark plug was!!!
They were also unable to relay my engine number to the technical centre correctly , or even determine what engine I Had!
Even though I wrote it all down, and even sent them a full size 10 MB picture of the engine number and model part of the engine.
Untrained thick monkeys!

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
Don't known how the shipping is going to UK but any time I have order anything from the UK it just seems to take a long time to get here, but some times we just don't have a choice. This being said if you can order from the US I have had very good luck with Jacks Small engine Parts. For me I get top quality OEM parts in about three days. You go to their web site and you can look up your own parts with the engine model and serial numbers or they will help you. I ordered a new Honda carburetor not too long ago from them and had nothing but good luck with it. Yes I have been finding out it is cheaper to replace the complete carburetor then installing a kit with labor and parts.

Ripleyxl9

Threads
Don't known how the shipping is going to UK but any time I have order anything from the UK it just seems to take a long time to get here, but some times we just don't have a choice. This being said if you can order from the US I have had very good luck with Jacks Small engine Parts. For me I get top quality OEM parts in about three days. You go to their web site and you can look up your own parts with the engine model and serial numbers or they will help you. I ordered a new Honda carburetor not too long ago from them and had nothing but good luck with it. Yes I have been finding out it is cheaper to replace the complete carburetor then installing a kit with labor and parts.

Hi
Thanks so much - funny I can across them. Good to get a personal reccomendation. And once our Bank holidays are over I am going to contact a shipping agency I know. Basically they share their bulk UPS discount - so carriage becomes reasonable.
Then I will work out all the stuff I need for this mower and the other GXV140 I use at my other house. And try an import job.
I just noticed the only thing that one can see has definitely failed on the GXV 160 powered mower is the heat sheild style muffler gasket. Unlike the one on the GXV 140 that was more metal than fibre. This one was more cardboard with a hole punched thin metal foil coating - and thats on it way out. cost in the UK 」22 plus 」8 shipping!
Ive always been one for buying the genuine part, but at these prices, if the US supplier wont ship, then I may go chinese for a periferal accessory!
Once again thanks for the recommendation.

The other supplier I found was
[url]http://www.boats.net/index.php?p=cart

They ship abroad but need to check out if they are reslly selling genuine Honda parts
Thanks
Peter

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Jacks, Boats, Barnetts, I buy from regularly about $20,000 p/a in total.
They all ship OS
However the automatic web ordering soft wear would not allow an overseas order so i had to set up a web account with all of them via email through customer service.
Now that I am in the system they all work like a gem.
Honda franchise dealers can not offically sell into any other Honda market as it contraviens the exclusive franchise arangement with the other country so try one of the abovewho are all parts dealers.

Ripleyxl9

Threads
Jacks, Boats, Barnetts, I buy from regularly about $20,000 p/a in total.
They all ship OS
However the automatic web ordering soft wear would not allow an overseas order so i had to set up a web account with all of them via email through customer service.
Now that I am in the system they all work like a gem.
Honda franchise dealers can not offically sell into any other Honda market as it contraviens the exclusive franchise arangement with the other country so try one of the abovewho are all parts dealers.

Thanks so much.
This is a Godsend!
I had just emailed PartsNation as I could not see how to get an overseas order on their system.
Very grateful
Peter