When to change oil on FH680V-ES28-S

Bkanneg

Threads
I just had a new engine put in my Exmark Lazer Z HP. The Model number is FH680V-ES28-S. I can't find an owner's manual or service manual for this engine anywhere online.

What is the recommended time for the first oil change and then each oil change after that? What oil filter needs to be used? Any certain oil?

Thanks in advance for all help.

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
"K&T Parts House Lawn Mower Parts and Chain Saw & Trimmer Parts" twelve down is your engine service manual, rule of thumb concerning engine parts, if Kawasaki engine use Kawasaki oil filter etc., page 6.6 has weight & grade of oil. I would change oil & filter after first five hours of break in period & use Kawasaki brand oil or another high quality brand, nothing cheap or store brand, take care of engine & it will serve you well. Oil change intervals should be in manual, my B&S manual says every 100 hrs., I check oil level before each mowing & if it looks dark at 50 hrs. I change oil & filter.

Lawn Addict
Threads
I agree about using correct oil & filter, it pays in the long run.

I would never go longer than 1 year without an oil & filter change, no matter how little hours of use.

Otherwise I stick to 50 hours, oil & filter. My manual says every 100 hours.:thumbdown: Oil is cheap compared to Engines.

Bkanneg

Threads
Thanks so much for all the help. The place that installed the engine said to change the oil the first time at 50 hours, but everything I have seen has said the first time should be 8 - 10 hours, then 100 hours after that.

I think I'll do it after 8 - 10 just to be safe, then at the beginning of each mowing season since this is just used as my personal mower for only my yard.

Thanks again for your help in finding that manual.

Lawn Addict
Threads
My Kawi engine had 8 hours listed in OM for 1st change, I did the oil filter as well.. That is when the most wear can occur. So wanna get that stuff outta there & have a good long engine life.