When I engage blades the mower just dies

BmPoKeRsTaR

Threads
I just put this new pulley on and when I go to engage the blades the mower just dies? Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_3731b.jpg
    IMG_3731b.jpg
    510.8 KB · Views: 3

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
One thing it won't be is the pulley
Before we can give you any meaning full advice we need to know what mower brand & model we are talking about

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Dentist pull teeth, I don't
If that is the best you can offer then I wish you good luck
If the wiring diagram I have is the right one for your mower and that is a big IF then you problem is most likely in the kill relay or the carb solenoid
But I am out of here as my ESP is not working at the moment and I have others who actually want help and are willing to work with us to attend to .

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
We need the model number off the serial number tag. The Quest series is over 20 different model configs. Basic Quest wiring is the same usually but not always.

What the OP is describing is safety switch failure. Most likely the seat switch assuming you still have the parking brake still engaged. The mower series runs 12v through the seat so it more prone to failure then one that simply ground things out. The seat, brake, PTO, and motion arms switches all controls the kill relay and fuel solenoid.

1687606296064.png
May simply be that the seat switch got unplugged.

jbugj

Threads
Engine dies like ignition is turned off, or dies like being lugged down? Electrical or mechanical....

BmPoKeRsTaR

Threads
Engine dies like ignition is turned off, or dies like being lugged down? Electrical or mechanical....
It fires up fine but as soon as I pull switch to engage blades mower just shuts off