Wheeled line type mower/trimmer--???

Tater

Threads
OK-anyone use a wheeled line type mower trimmer to do their trim work...??? I kinda want something with the larger rear wheels and light that would be easier to push from tree to tree or whatever than my kinda heavy John Deere push mower... In trying to find something easier to push around and trim around the house, flower beds, trees etc., I ran across this and was wondering if it might be the ticket... HUSQVARNA HU625HWT - Lawnmowers
I have an older Shindiawa gas line trimmer but it is kinda hard on the back...
What do y'all think...???
Thanks and have a good one...Tater...

LandN

Threads
OK-anyone use a wheeled line type mower trimmer to do their trim work...??? I kinda want something with the larger rear wheels and light that would be easier to push from tree to tree or whatever than my kinda heavy John Deere push mower... In trying to find something easier to push around and trim around the house, flower beds, trees etc., I ran across this and was wondering if it might be the ticket... HUSQVARNA HU625HWT - Lawnmowers
I have an older Shindiawa gas line trimmer but it is kinda hard on the back...
What do y'all think...???

the only real drawback that i can see is that the husky limits your ability to finesse the unit to cut at different angles like you can with a hand held string trimmer.my hand held trimmer gets me 17" swath and your husky gets you 22"......in my world thats not enough difference to justify a much bulkier unit that has limited capabilities and a higher price tag vs. a hand held trimmer,unless you plan on using it as a mower ,in that case how much suction are you going to get to mow the grass. your john deere mower is a pusher only and not self propelled? maybe consider a self propelled unit. also consider a battery powered or a corded string trimmer that will be lighter in weight..... .. the brand "weedeater"makes a featherlite gas powered trimmer that is very light weight, i have used those for several years..some trimmers are heavier/lighter than others:smile:

Tater

Threads
the only real drawback that i can see is that the husky limits your ability to finesse the unit to cut at different angles like you can with a hand held string trimmer.my hand held trimmer gets me 17" swath and your husky gets you 22"......in my world thats not enough difference to justify a much bulkier unit that has limited capabilities and a higher price tag vs. a hand held trimmer,unless you plan on using it as a mower ,in that case how much suction are you going to get to mow the grass. your john deere mower is a pusher only and not self propelled? maybe consider a self propelled unit. also consider a battery powered or a corded string trimmer that will be lighter in weight..... .. the brand "weedeater"makes a featherlite gas powered trimmer that is very light weight, i have used those for several years..some trimmers are heavier/lighter than others:smile:
Naw, the zero turns would be doin the mowin, so mostly trim, except for a small tight place or two, I guess just tighten up the back support and get on with it...lol...
Have a good one...Tater...

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Tater... My neighbor has a similar wheeled trimmer... 'as seen on TV'...
very cumbersome and actually hard to work with...It's never used. :smile:KennyV

Tater

Threads
Thanks Folks, I guess I'll stick with the JD push mower & Shindiawa trimmer for a bit longer...