Wheel seal, Dixie Chopper

cableguy52

Threads
I have a Dixie Chopper Silver Eagle. The outer wheel seal behind brake hub started leaking. I relaced the seal, drove it for awhile and the seal started leaking again. Seal is in correct.Seems like the wheel pump or wheel motor is bulding up presureand making the seal leak. Is there a pressure release somewhere im missing ??? Thanks for any help!!! Tom

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Jack up Both Drive wheels, compare the two for top to bottom and front to back run out of the shaft... Is there any play in the shaft up & down OR front to back? just by feel will be good enough.
Rotate them using the engine do they sound the same and turn approximately the same speed with No load and given about the same stick? Wgen rotated by hand do they feel the same?
What I'm suggesting is to simply compare one side to the other... if there is a noticeable difference it should be readily apparent...
On the new seal, is it leaking around the shaft (seal's ID) or is it around the Case (seal's OD)?
A bit of careful examination should point to the problem... :smile:KennyV

cableguy52

Threads
Seal is leaking from around shaft. Everything seems the same with both sides. Miked the shaft, both the same. Any other suggestions ??

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Is there a chance the ID of the seal was scratched when it was installed?

cableguy52

Threads
Seal is fine. Almost seems like only leaks under pressure.