whats needed to fix this Honda mower? HRX217 gcv190cc

gentlejax

Threads
  • / whats needed to fix this Honda mower? HRX217 gcv190cc
I dont know squat about small engines and I am getting really agitated with the guy who has my Honda. It started off it ran fine but was loosing oil so I only got to run the thing for 10 minutes.

3 weeks later he informs me its more than a seal.

his exact words .....

" "bad news, not the oil pan. crankcase vent hose was off the air cleaner .excess crankcase pressure caused by blow by was causing oil to be expelled thru the vent hose , so you need a new motor or overhaul this one"

so now 5 days after he tells me this he still has no idea on cost for the parts ....I dont understand this . if you know what you need how hard can it be to get a cost total ?

so now I need to know what parts are needed and what kind of cost I am looking at. If I knew what I needed I am sure I could find it. I dont know why he is having an issue as he has done this for years . maybe he isnt really trying I dont know.

but I need to figure out what the cost is going to be estimated so I can do it or get rid of this. I already got a used John Deere and it runs but its not the same as this Honda..

robert@honda

Lawn Addict
Threads
  • / whats needed to fix this Honda mower? HRX217 gcv190cc
I dont know squat about small engines and I am getting really agitated with the guy who has my Honda.
so now 5 days after he tells me this he still has no idea on cost for the parts ....I dont understand this . if you know what you need how hard can it be to get a cost total ?

Is this shop an actual Honda Power Equipment dealer, or just some shop that "works on Hondas?"

Even if he is a legit Honda shop, I either yank it and get it to another dealer or give Honda Customer Relations a call; they are an excellent go-between when there is a dealer-customer issue like this. Have the full serial number off the back of the mower deck (MXXX-1234567) and contact details on the dealer, what they've done (not done) and see what Honda can do to help.