What would you do

TaskForceLawnCare

Threads
Not trying to be sarcastic or argumentative or anything but I guess that's where I have the ethical or moral issue. I've been in the business 8 going on 9 yrs and I've never bid on a job or did a contract. I don't do a time analysis property size etc. give them a bid in a folder that explains everything. I'm not that fancy, I just go to the address they give me and look at the lot to see what has to be done, give them a price and tell them how I bill. When I started out in the business I was all over the place with my client list I spent more time on the road than I did mowing so I told everyone I mowed for no thanks and went home and stayed there and built my business in the sub-division where I live. I have 70 plus clients and basically no travel time all my clients are within a three mile radius of my home so that means less overhead and cheaper prices for clients.

yeah not everyone uses fancy folders ect. I wish I could do 70 yards in a single subdivision. I'm sure that saves you a ton of $ in overhead. I stay in a 20 mile radius and we burn about $2k in fuel/gas a month. that's pretty common in the region I'm operating in. competition is fierce up here and they will bid against you in a heartbeat. I have no problem giving a fair the other guy isn't going to keep food on my table or my lights on.

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
My whole city is only 9 square miles lol. I will not be malicious but surly I will underbid someone and not feel bad at all. I AK however one of the most non competitive people out there I think.

TaskForceLawnCare

Threads
I'm not saying I'd do anything malicious I rarely even know what someone else bid it at. I won't feel bad however if I was better or lower then the next guy.