What Would be Your Top Three Ride-on Mower Brands?

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
... AYP they make yard pro and poulan right

AYP (American Yard Products) they make CRAFTSMAN, POULAN, POULAN PRO, SEARS, RALLY, ROPER and A LOT of other names everyone would be familiar with... It is possible that MTD & AYP both make some of the JD's ... :smile:KennyV

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
AYP (American Yard Products) they make CRAFTSMAN, POULAN, POULAN PRO, SEARS, RALLY, ROPER and A LOT of other names everyone would be familiar with... It is possible that MTD & AYP both make some of the JD's ... :smile:KennyV

Wow am I :confused2::confused2::confused2::confused2::confused2::confused2::confused2:

briggs

Threads

wow i didnt know they made that many diff mowers ty for the info ...

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
wow i didnt know they made that many diff mowers ty for the info ...

Actually I don't believe American Yard products make lawn mowers. AYP manufactures parts and equipment for leading brands in the industry. Some brands that American Yard Products supplies parts to include Craftsman, Poulan Pro, Poulan, Roper, Sears, Rally, and many more. American Yard Products also has the most extensive line of attachments for lawn and garden tractors in the market today.

briggs

Threads
@RIC forgot to quote your post here is some info i found about AYP

American Yard Products manufactures parts and equipment for many leading homeowner brands in the lawn and garden industry. Some of the more popular brands that American Yard Products produces and supplies parts to include Craftsman, Poulan Pro, Poulan, Roper, Sears, Rally,Wizard, Roper, Woodwards, Yard Master, Sears, Roper, Chraftsman, Kgro, Rally and many more. American Yard Products also has an extensive line of attachments for lawn and garden tractors for the homeowner DIY market.

Electrolux Home Products, Fridgidair home products, Frigidair home products. AYP, EHP, FHP Mowers tillers lawn mowers lawnmower and accessories. American Yard Products, Rally, Roper, Weed eater & Poulan, and Poulan-Pro Lawn Mower Parts
Craftsman Lawn Mower Parts.

American Yard Products also makes mowers and other power equipment for :
Bradley, Caldor, Hechinger, Lawn Keeper, Meijer, Rickles, Wizard, Roper, Woodwards,
Yard Master, Sears, Roper, Craftsman, Kgro, Rally,Weedeater, and others
PL
Ayp / Roper / Craftsman lawn mower parts

This is some of the info i found on line from a site i will post link

http://www.outdoordistributors.com/ayp/ayp_main.html

Last edited:

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
I had read that article several mts ago... It is still not an actual statement from JD about manufacture of the less well built models...
I have read further that MTD and AYP were actually building some of those models and that is why JD was not authorizing their dealer network to do any service warranty work on those models...

There in lies the confusion... WHO is authorized to do the warranty service, AND by whom is this authorization made? If not JD then who directs the in warranty repairs?

The licensing out of their name JD to anyone who will turn out inferior equipment is a big mistake... because in the long run the general public is not going to see that models XXX and YYY were inferior ... They will see Green & Yellow tractors mowers are not well made. ... Bad way to wreck a long history of quality and top notch service...
JD needs to make a statement about this ... and the responsibility for abusing their name... KennyV

briggs

Threads
I had read that article several mts ago... It is still not an actual statement from JD about manufacture of the less well built models...
I have read further that MTD and AYP were actually building some of those models and that is why JD was not authorizing their dealer network to do any service warranty work on those models...

There in lies the confusion... WHO is authorized to do the warranty service, AND by whom is this authorization made? If not JD then who directs the in warranty repairs?

The licensing out of their name JD to anyone who will turn out inferior equipment is a big mistake... because in the long run the general public is not going to see that models XXX and YYY were inferior ... They will see Green & Yellow tractors mowers are not well made. ... Bad way to wreck a long history of quality and top notch service...
JD needs to make a statement about this ... and the responsibility for abusing their name... KennyV

well said kenny ...I do agree ...Just hard to figure what is myth or fact anymore there so much out there. plus i dont want to give the wrong info ..I do know that the cheaper ones are not very dependable at all ..

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads

The licensing out of their name JD was most likely a decision of there corporate headquarters, I would think they would be the only ones that could do that and it has nothing to do with there dealers and they probably don't care what the dealers think. As to WHO is authorized to do the warranty service that would be the dealers and they're some JD dealers that do do the warranty work on those mowers sold from lowes the same as Cub Cadet does for mowers that are purchased from Home Depot at least the dealers here locally do. The dealers that do not do the warranty work are coming out on the short end.

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
The dealers that do not do the warranty work are coming out on the short end.

I agree with that... service work IS service work... :smile:KennyV