What should I do?

Ztay

Forum Newbie
Threads
I mixed up the herbicide with the round up on one of my lawns and destroyed the back yard when I was spraying for dandelions... This client has an annual BBQ on the 27th of august so needs a yard fast.... I was thinking of trying the miracle grow seed but now I am thinking I'm just gonna have to go with sod... Does anyone have any suggestions or other idea before I have to drop a grand?

originalswampfox

Threads
If this is a good client and/or you want to improve your overall reputation spend the money on the sod. Just don't let it die before the BBQ. Also I'm no expert on grass but I would check and see how soon after roundup you can lay sod.

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
There are not but a few ways to get Quick ground cover... Nothing will 'seed' in within 30 days, even during ideal growing season.... July & August are NOT ideal....

I don't think sod will work well for this time of year & heat... especially given that you have only 4 wks to get it set and established....
Alternate location, is the best solution, and then fix the lawn proper this fall. :smile:KennyV

BKBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
How large is this area you are talking about ?