What mower do I buy?

Craftsman13

Threads
Hi
I am a new home owner looking for a mower for my yard. My yard is 1 1/2 acres with lots of obstacles. It has no hills or any steep inclines its just flat but, I am tired of mowing it with my small 22 inch push mower, it takes way to long. Or calling a lawn service which costs to much money. I'm on a limited budget of about 2,000 dollars. What would you suggest I buy??

Last edited:

Parkmower

Threads
If all your goin to do with it is mow I say look for a used zt 42"-50" deck. Lots of obstacles on flat terrain is ideal ZT conditions.
If you plan on using it for snow look at lawn tractor.
Watch Craigs list.

possum

Threads
For 2 thousand you can get a very decent lawn tractor. Find some dealers as close as possible and go shopping. Make sure the dealer has service.

benski

Threads
Thanks I will go look.

:licking:Well?:laughing:Have you found anything yet? It's been an entire three DAYS!:laughing:I'll be eager to see what you've come up with. For me, a 300 series John Deere or a 2000 serires Cub Cadet are my two favorite machines in the used race. The biggest Sears tractor on closeout would probably do also. I don't have any first hand knowledge of a ZT recommendation, but it does sound ideal.:smile:

Craftsman13

Threads
Im looking at a Sears Craftsman. Or a Lowes Bolens. I am trying to keep the price around 1500 or less. I know I lowered it because I want to get some attachments and other things.:smile:

Sears: Online department store featuring appliances, tools, fitness equipment and more

Shop Bolens 13.5-HP Manual 38" Riding Mower at Lowes.com

If you have any other suggestions please let me know.:smile:
I like the Bolens because I can get attachments plus a good backpack blower and any other thing I might need for my yard.

Last edited:

Dangeroustoys56

Threads
Ever think of going to a classic Sears machine? Most of those older ones you can buy with all the extra implements for under a couple thousand, rock solid tough machines instead of lightweight machines of today.

Murry Furry

Threads
Hi
I am a new home owner looking for a mower for my yard. My yard is 1 1/2 acres with lots of obstacles. It has no hills or any steep inclines its just flat but, I am tired of mowing it with my small 22 inch push mower, it takes way to long. Or calling a lawn service which costs to much money. I'm on a limited budget of about 2,000 dollars. What would you suggest I buy??

a good used MTD, just check around the rear axles for frame cracks:smile: