What John Deere do you have and why you like it

Nwatson99

Threads
I have a JD 652R stander. It is much faster than my Toro Grandstand and as such makes us more efficient. This is why I like my deere

Hey can you elaborate a little more on that one, my friend it looking at that model as well and was wondering about it.
Plenty of power?
How does it handle?
Deck adjustment pretty easy?
and anything else you can say about it would be appreciated so I can pass it along.

Nwatson99

Threads
John Deere Z930, Love it all, just picked up a 1985? JD316 runs and looks good just plan to tinker this winter with it.

What year model is your Z930?

mowerman05

Threads
What year model is your Z930?

2012 with the rear bagger. only complaint is to mount the rear bagger you have to remove the rear weighted bumper to install the bagger mount. So when not using the bagger the mower handles different. had to mount some weight plates (75 lbs) on a pipe bracket that fits the bagger mount. bagger is a beast, it can't be installed and removed rapidly.

Nwatson99

Threads
2012 with the rear bagger. only complaint is to mount the rear bagger you have to remove the rear weighted bumper to install the bagger mount. So when not using the bagger the mower handles different. had to mount some weight plates (75 lbs) on a pipe bracket that fits the bagger mount. bagger is a beast, it can't be installed and removed rapidly.

Now that is a pain in the butt and I knew the bagging system was a beast to install and remove, but removing the rear bumper I am not a fan at all of that and thought there was a bracket that mounted to the bumper to help support the bagging system.

Howdy Doody

Threads
Gee, I would have thought there would be more John Deere fans on this forum, I guess I was wrong....

I have a 2014 JD D125 and I love it. Could it be better, sure, but I still love it. I guess it all boils down to ones own preference and past history with each brand. This is my first JD and like I said, I love it so far. Had a 2008 42" Ariens and the difference is night and day. I am looking forward to many years of trouble free ownership.

gfp55

Threads
I have a 2014 JD D125 and I love it. Could it be better, sure, but I still love it. I guess it all boils down to ones own preference and past history with each brand. This is my first JD and like I said, I love it so far. Had a 2008 42" Ariens and the difference is night and day. I am looking forward to many years of trouble free ownership.

Thats a good choice, lots of power. I like the high back seat also. I hope you get many years of service out of your JD. "But thats just me"

harleyron74

Threads
My main mower is A Craftsman with an 18 HP Kohler. I like the older Kohler engine's as I have used this Craftsman for over 20 year's but I thought that I should get A back up mower so last summer I found A JD 112 with an 8 HP Kohler listed on A on line auction. I thought it looked pretty good and it had A hydraulic lift which the Craftsman doesn't have so I bid A maximum bid of 200 Buck's and got it for 180 and change.
The carb on the Craftsman decided to take A dump last month so I got the JD out and I really like that hydraulic lift.
! I have an arthritic right shoulder and need all the help I can get.
There is A snow blower on another on line auction that end's tomorrow and I might throw A bid on it.

Jhon

Threads
In 2007 I purchased a new LA120. It was a great choice as it has never let me down or cost me a dime in repairs. The only money I have spent on it was for preventive maintenance.

gfp55

Threads
In 2007 I purchased a new LA120. It was a great choice as it has never let me down or cost me a dime in repairs. The only money I have spent on it was for preventive maintenance.

Nice choice. Does that unit have a hour meter? How much do you cut with per week?

ghper

Threads
I own a 1986 JD 180 w/38"deck and Kawasaki. We've gone through 3 seats, two belts, and one new front tire. One day oil was leaking out of the oil filter and it started to knock. I shut it off and changed oil right there, started it up and it runs like a charm, that was three years ago!! We also have a F935 with 3600 hours. I've had more JD tractors than I want to list, all the way from 2 cylinder 620 to my last 4455. Many many people compare their equipment to John Deere whether it's a combine or a lawn mower. I think the reason for comparison is they think it sets the "bench mark." Sure there are probably a lot of good products out there, but I have never been disappointed with my Deere products. I also own a Grasshopper Diesel and think that is an excellent product also.