What is so bad about Kawasaki Engines?

Rooster7

Threads
What do people specifically have against the Kawasaki?

I just bougtht a Hustler Fastrac with a 24 hp Kawi on it. Every other Hustler machine the dealer had also had Kawi engines?

If they are so bad, why would Hustler risk their reputation on them?

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads

I just bougtht a Hustler Fastrac with a 24 hp Kawi on it. Every other Hustler machine the dealer had also had Kawi engines?

This is what you have, so don't look at the negative side. They are are as good as anything else and a lot better then any Chinese engine. The only thing I have against them is it just seems the parts are more expensive to repair them. With good maintenance you should get years of repair free use with your Kawasaki so enjoy the ride:smile:

NJsnapper

Threads
we have kawi's on our Toro zero turns at work with many thousands of hours on em. They are fine powerplants.

pugaltitude

Lawn Addict
Threads

Its probably called price :thumbsup:

Browndog67

Forum Newbie
Threads
After reading some negitive comments also about the Kaw. engines, I began asking various dealers their thoughts on Kaw. verses Kolhor......a the most often reply was , they are about the same, except Kaw. does not offer a short block like Kolhor does should the need arise in the future. None stated that the Kaw. parts usually cost more......prolly cause most of the zt's I was looking at had Kaws.....

Mini Motors

Threads
I'd like to know the answer as well. I know a guy who is a pro landscaper, and he goes through an engine a year. And he is meticulous about PM, so I know they are treated well. I took his last one in hopes of fixing it so he has a spare when the time comes that he needs another. His machine use 19 horse V-twins, and always seem to loose one cylinder. It's not spark, because changing out parts doesn't help. I'm thinking valve adjustment, but I haven't looked at it yet.

Mad Mackie

Lawn Addict
Threads
I know a Hustler dealer in Wisconsin that will only sell Kawi powered machines. He has had too many problematic Kohlers. As in every engine manufacturers line there are models that are more problematic than others, in the Kawi line the 691 and several others have been more troublesome than usual. All my bigger power equipment presently is B&S powered, 4 engines, and so far have been fine, so far!!!!!
Mad Mackie in CT:biggrin::laughing: